StarFish Medical is growing, and we are searching for an additional Accounts Payable Clerk (Victoria) to join our Accounting team. We are looking for someone who is flexible and will work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. A new team member who will appreciate a special company where a creative, collegial, and supportive culture is so important.
Over-arching responsibilities of this role include verifying, matching and posting electronic invoices and credit card transactions, reconciling credit card and vendor statements, processing expense reports and weekly cheque runs, maintaining an effective filing system, liaising with the purchasing department, and supporting this tight-knit and very efficient accounting team.
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, office visitors are immediately met with a smile and an open concept office where the environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
You will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If this is the type of office energy you strive to be a part of; a place where you will love the fast pace of a high technology company, then we encourage you to read on!
About StarFish Medical
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
Our perfect candidate:
Are you someone who is a fanatic about details and takes pride in an organized and well-maintained filing system? Are you enthusiastic about the idea of learning new processes and helping yourself and others achieve deadlines? Do others describe you as having a can-do attitude and are you someone who gets along well with those around you? Do you know what it takes to deliver exceptional customer service, both internally and externally? Do you have a minimum of 2 years Accounts Payable experience? If you answered yes to these questions, we welcome your application.
Main Activities, but not limited to:
- Sorts and prioritizes invoices and purchase orders received on a daily basis
- Ensures purchase order related invoices are matched to purchase orders
- Posts invoices for payment
- Cheque runs and online banking
- Prepares purchase orders for shipping invoices
- Checks accuracy of employee expenses in accordance to the travel policy
- Reconciles monthly vendor statements
- Matches receipts and invoices to credit card statements
- Verifies GST, HST and PST charges on vendor invoices
- Scanning, filing and monthly vendor and account reconciliations
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
The successful candidate should have:
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education/training in basic accounting, plus a minimum of 2 years accounts payable work experience.
- Experience with accounting or ERP software (Starfish is using Syspro)
- Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data entry
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem solve in order to research and escalate issues
- Ability to manage a deadline driven and detail oriented workload, including an ability to prioritize workload under pressure
- Ability to recognize and prioritize opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism when dealing with financial information including confidentiality
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment
- Ability to function using intermediate computer skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with multiple currencies
- Multi company experience
- Ability to have fun and laugh at yourself
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included. We thank everyone who applies to Starfish, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com by Monday, February 25th with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicate which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.