StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 80+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers. Our head office is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia and we are excited to be planning an expansion to Toronto, Ontario based on our business success and growth. StarFish is looking for an Assembly & Service Technician to join our team based in Victoria.
At Starfish, we value our employees as our most important asset. Our employees work in an energizing, purpose-designed facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers, to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and leading edge lab equipment. A typical year at StarFish Medical means hands-on involvement with multiple projects for medical devices that meet various international regulatory standards in conformance with Starfish’s Quality Management System.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
The Assembly & Service Technician will work with a high energy manufacturing team to assemble, test, document and service a wide range of medical devices, from in development prototypes to market ready devices. The Assembly & Service Technician must be well organized, self-motivated, and able to meet a demanding shipping schedule. It is critical that all Assembly & Service Technicians demonstrate disciplined attention to detail in the assembly and documentation of products. This position reports directly to the Production and Service Team Lead.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Providing mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance to company procedures; which will require the use of adhesives, soldering irons, and various tools within the facility.
- Inspect incoming materials in accordance with items masters and company quality systems.
- Liaise with product development to implement design changes and new products into manufacturing.
- Document NCR’s, RMA’s and product history in accordance with the company’s quality systems.
- Assess and service products in-house or in the fields according to company procedures.
- Follow all company health and safety policies and requirements including usage, care and storage of personal protective equipment.
- Provide support to other areas of the company including, but not limited to, QA, Product Development and Supply Chain.
- Diploma in manufacturing or engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, electronic assembly and system troubleshooting.
- The ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions
- An understanding of ISO Quality Systems
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft), experience with SharePoint and MRP software and asset.
If you describe yourself as a thoughtful, creative problem solver who can think outside the box while playing within the lines, then you will be most suited to this role. If the idea of developing leading edge products in the medical device field intrigues you, we know you will find the Starfish compensation package competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
How To Apply
Chemistry Consulting Group is recruiting for an Assembly & Service Technician on behalf of our client, StarFish Medical.
To apply in confidence please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position, along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 23, 2017.
We thank all those who apply to Starfish Medical; however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about StarFish Medical, please visit their web site at www.starfishmedical.com.