StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 120+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq ft facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
The Business Development Administrator role reports to the CEO, acting as the Business Development Manager. This position will work collaboratively with the Business Development team to support new business activities. If you are organized, efficient, bring a balance of flexibility and reliability, and are able to keep people on schedule while navigating a sea of ambiguity, you will thrive here!
- Provides administrative assistance in the business development cycle through request for proposal through needs analysis, document control, proposal preparation, development of presentation materials, and prospect research.
- Assist in reviewing external and internal documents to insure agreement and responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Coordinate resources, track progress and organize the sign-off and submission of proposals
- Support business development including the coordination of sales activities, presentations and onsite visits for clients and future clients
- Directly assist the CEO, acting as the Business Development Manager, in executing the strategic business development plan
- Coordinate and communicate with internal cross-functional departments related to business development activities
- Act as a point of contact for members of the Business Development team, including those who are located remotely
- Organize and attend weekly Business Development team meetings
- Assemble data for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Business Development Team
- Manage the CRM data input process and compile reports using data from the CRM and other systems as required
- Arrange travel and hotel for business development team members and coordinate tradeshow attendance and related tradeshow displays
- Conduct market research on industry companies and fundraising and compile data into regular reports
- Create and maintain Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) files
- Responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and maintain posture while interacting with management, staff, and clients in time-sensitive situations
- Must possess excellent communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize in order to support an effective/efficient operation and accomplishment of stated goals.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations and multiple time zones.
- 3+ years administrative experience
- Preference given for previous experience in sales administration role
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- CRM experience beneficial but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by Sunday, July 16, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.