We are searching for a talented Business Development Applications Engineer to apply their expert business development lens to focus on increasing revenue for this ground-breaking company’s product & technology development and manufacturing services.
Reporting to the CEO in the capacity of Business Development Manager, the Business Development Applications Engineer will help build an opportunity pipeline of new contacts and prospects with the primary goal of developing potential customer relationships, evaluating technologies and translating this work into proposals, and ultimately contracts.
Do you pride yourself on understanding the big picture requirements of the client, and working with internal teams to solve problems and create opportunities? Do you enjoy building solid relationships with new and repeat customers? Do you equally enjoy writing proposals and closing contracts? If all of these questions answer with, “Yes!” then we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT STARFISH MEDICAL
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers. Our growing Toronto team includes talented medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
You will work in an energizing environment with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
- Gain an understanding of the prospect’s business, design, engineering and technological concerns, as well as their in-house and external development infrastructure.
- Evaluate technologies in collaboration with internal technical team and translate customer needs into key next steps for product development, in context with project plans and technical proposals.
- Coordinate customer meetings and conference calls.
- Manage closure of proposals, as well as mutual non-disclosure, consulting and supply agreements.
- When required, participate and assist with sales activities at trade shows and other events as a representative of Starfish Medical.
- Input and maintain detailed and accurate group records and call summaries using CRM.
- Meet and exceed monthly Key Performance Indicator objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with Starfish Medical team members (Project Managers, etc.) in order to build mutual relationships of accountability and trust, as well as to monitor and drive timely proposal and contract preparation.
- Assist in project initiation, ensuring a smooth start and clear communications throughout the customer’s experience.
- Closely monitor sales activities and revenue projections. Maintain reports that accurately depict sales activity (call metrics, lead, clarifying, proposing, closing, dollar amounts etc.) and progress towards stated goals.
- Must be self-directed, results-oriented coupled with strong attention to detail
- Solid ability to identify customer needs, and solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing and highly collaborative environment
- Possess strong planning, multitasking and organizational expertise
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Passion for excellence in customer service and relationships
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Engineering, Applied Science or Science
- 5 to 15 years’ technical experience in Product Development
- 2 years’ project management experience
- Experience with Production/Manufacturing in a Quality Management System environment
- Previous sales or business development applications engineering experience preferred
- Experience with CRM platforms preferred
- Prior knowledge of product development (design & development) and contract manufacturing is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by July 28, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.