This is a unique role at StarFish Medical, our very first Desktop and Application Analyst position! We’ve grown so much, added a second location in Toronto, and are embarking on some significant technology projects. If you love computer technology and coding for integration this is the job for you.
Working out of our Victoria, BC office you’ll help our awesome team members stay on top of their tasks by managing the Desktop computing environment, making sure that systems are working, available, and secure. We expect that to fill about half your time, the other half will be spent using your coding skills helping to develop, configure, and integrate the applications and systems at StarFish. We on a mission to become 100% digital and you can help us get there.
ABOUT STARFISH MEDICAL
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers. Our head office is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia and we are excited to have expanded to Toronto, Ontario based on our business success and growth. StarFish is looking for a Desktop and Application Analyst to join our team in Victoria.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
- Assisting with the long-term strategy and direction of computing technology.
- Assist with IT/IS management tools, systems, and technology to monitor and maintain the efficient and effective operation of systems and applications in the Victoria, Toronto, and future offices.
- Maintain and optimize the end user computing environment, including applications, printers, etc.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
- Creating user accounts and managing access control based on company policies
- Work and collaborate with 3rd party network and systems support providers to maintain the availability and growth of the corporate computing network.
- Analyzing business application requirements for functional areas such as product development, finance, manufacturing, marketing and human resources
- Configuring applications (SYSPRO, Aras Innovator)
- Writing code, testing and debugging software applications
- Recommending system changes and enhancements
- Documenting software specifications and training users
- Performing security and risk assessments and analysis
- Making recommendations for enhancing data systems security
- Assisting in preparing and executing qualification and validation plans within a regulated environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or 2 years diploma program with 2 years of experience, or commensurate experience in the field.
- Experience and knowledge of desktop hardware technologies, (Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of troubleshooting printer issues.
- Experience with Windows 7/10 operating systems
- Experience with Linux would be considered an asset
- CompTIA A+, hardware, and XEROX certifications would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work afterhours and weekends (infrequently)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is considered an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of the .NET programming language
- Knowledge Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services
- Experience and knowledge of working with APIs between different systems and applications
- Experience with supporting the following applications would be considered an asset: Mechworks, Altium, Bugzilla, wiki, SharePoint (2007), EPDM, Document Locator, Google G Suite, Office 365 Admin
- A great desire to automate your day-to-day.
- Experience in an ISO/FDA regulated environment would be considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by Friday, August 11, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.