We are searching for an energetic Office Coordinator who is looking for an opportunity to contribute to the success of this growing and innovative high-tech company based in beautiful Victoria, BC. If a creative, collegial, and supportive work culture is important to you, then we encourage you to read on!
This is an opportunity for you to be the face of the company, providing reception services and a wide range of general office administration duties. You’ll do everything from meeting scheduling, document preparation, HR support and equipment and supplies maintenance. Your problem-solving skills, initiative and caring spirit will ensure you are supporting the management and team members, as well as assisting in delivering prompt service to meet the customer’s needs.
This growth opportunity will allow you to work with your advanced knowledge of office software, as well as utilizing your exceptional communication skills.
If this is the type of office energy you strive to be a part of, and where you love the diversity of an office coordination role where no two days are alike, then we encourage you to read on!
ABOUT STARFISH MEDICAL
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, office visitors are immediately met with a smile (that’s you!) and an open concept office where the environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
Reporting to the Change Initiatives Manager, this full-time, permanent position requires an energetic person who enjoys diverse responsibilities and is comfortable in a changing and dynamic work environment. This role will provide reception duties and support to a number of senior members of the company, requiring an individual who is well-versed in office coordination and office software, has excellent customer service and telephone skills, is detail-oriented, and takes pride in juggling priorities.
You are the ideal candidate, if you:
- Possess a positive, figure-it-out attitude to making things better and to personally develop in a growing, dynamic company
- Understand and deliver exceptional customer service, both internally and externally
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams’ members and customers
- Have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency
- Are technically savvy (e.g. with MS office software)
- Take ownership of projects to completion, with minimal supervision
- Are highly accurate in your work
- Are able to manage highly confidential information
- Professionally represent the company while being diplomatic, conciliatory and discrete
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative or support role.
- Experience working in a high tech environment, with experience in a medical and/or product development environment as an asset
- Advanced MS Office suite skills with the ability to create and maintain Word templates, manage multiple calendars in Outlook, and graph in Excel are considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
HOW TO APPLY
If this is the type of office energy you strive to be a part of, and where you love the diversity of an office coordination role where no two days are alike, then we encourage you to read the Job Description to find out more, and then to apply.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that indicates your salary expectations and indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank everyone who applies, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.