StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 80+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers. Our head office is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia and we are excited to be planning an expansion to Toronto, Ontario based on our business success and growth. StarFish is looking for an Office Manager to join our team based in Toronto.
At Starfish, we value our employees as our most important asset. Our employees work in an energizing, purpose-designed facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers, to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and leading edge lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
The Office Manager position reports to the Executive Administrator. This position has diverse requirements and requires someone who is comfortable in a changing and dynamic work environment, who likes to stay busy and work with minimal supervision. This role will provide support to a number of senior members of the company, and requires an individual who is detail orientated and able to juggle priorities. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Phone coverage and distribution of company faxes
- Greet and direct visitors and manager visitor log
- Organize department meetings and arrange for in house lunches
- Schedule meetings with external parties
- Organize onsite & offsite meetings
- Providing administrative support to team members as required
- Update Floor Plans, Org. Chart, Phone Lists
- Communicate effectively with external services; such as cleaning service, office suppliers
- Manage company recycling program
- Manage service calls and troubleshooting for office copier(s)
- Maintain order and cleanliness of boardroom and kitchen areas
- Organize monthly company meetings and arrange for in house lunches
- Coordinate inter-office communications
- Maintain office supplies and order when required
- Coordinate IT phone support services as needed
- Manage general tidiness of office
- On occasion assist with Marketing and Business Development efforts, as directed
- General office support
Day-to-day Activities to support Human Resources
- Help schedule training sessions and manage training files
- Prepare hiring files and call preferred candidates for interviews and meetings
- Update and file documentation in personnel folders
- Manage vacation request paperwork
- Manage and order company business cards
Day-to-day Activities to support the Product Development Team
- Prepare initial Design History File binders and support their maintenance
- Develop, update and maintain forms and checklists
- Monitor time system entry daily
- Prepare confidentiality agreements from templates
- Complete and maintain log of company Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Assist in making travel arrangements
- Ensure that meeting rooms are running with all equipment operational
- General office support
Other related tasked, as required
You are the ideal candidate, if you:
- Possess a great, keen, figure-it-out attitude to making things better and to personally develop in a growing, dynamic company
- Understand customer service, both internally and externally
- Take ownership of projects to completion, with minimal supervision
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams members and customers
- Professionally represent the company while being diplomatic, conciliatory and discrete
- Have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency
- Are able to manage highly confidential information
- Are technically savvy
- Are accurate in your work
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative or support role.
- Experience working in a high tech environment, with experience in a medical and/or product development environment as an asset
- Advanced MS Office suite skills. Creating and maintaining Word templates, the ability to manage multiple calendars in Outlook, and graphing skills in Excel would be considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with your colleagues throughout the organization
If the idea of developing leading edge products in the medical device field intrigues you, we know you will find the Starfish compensation package competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply in confidence please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position, along with your salary expectations to email@example.com by Monday, March 27, 2017.
We thank all those who apply to Starfish Medical; however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.