We have an opening in for an energetic Project Buyer to join our Supply Chain team and ensure the timely supply of parts and supplies needed to support the innovative product development team. The Project Buyer brings at least 2 years of hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures, in an electronics manufacturing environment.
The Project Buyer roles requires a candidate who is motivated, self-driven, and a strong individual contributor because NPI is an integral part of the StarFish Supply Chain team. If you are a buyer who is driven, thoughtful, and a creative problem solver who brings ideas and solutions to the team and can think outside the box while still playing within the lines, then keep reading!
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- TTC/Transit subsidy
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
A brief overview of the Project Buyer role:
- Represent the Supply Chain team at Product Development meetings (project kickoff meetings, design reviews, etc.).
- Maintain clear lines of communication with project teams and clients around purchasing issues and concerns.
- Own the procurement process for materials and services anticipated and required by the project teams.
- Source approved suppliers that will enhance and enable product development activities.
- Negotiate costs, delivery, quality and supply terms for new components.
Our ideal Project Buyer:
- 2+ Years of supply chain experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment).
- Proficient in standard MS Office software, with intermediate level competency in Excel required.
- Experience with ERP systems, and preferably with SYSPRO.
- Experience working with electronic components would be considered an asset.
- Raw materials purchasing/supplier experience (surface finishing, molding, machined goods) is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package is included.
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Descriptions for the Project Buyer opportunity at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of roles, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of the role. This opportunity is based in Toronto, ON.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.