We are searching for a well-organized and detail oriented Purchasing Administrator who has an interest in learning about the buying process for ground-breaking, leading edge medical devices. This position will assist in coordinating and supporting the purchasing of senior buyers and be an integral part of the supply chain team.
Do you actively seek out information when you hit a roadblock? Can you focus in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks without spinning your wheels? Do you have the administrative or purchasing experience allowing you to work effectively with product development and manufacturing teams, as well as suppliers? If so, this is a career development opportunity for you!
ABOUT STARFISH MEDICAL
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers. Our head office is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia and we are excited to have expanded to Toronto, Ontario based on our business success and growth. StarFish is looking for a Purchasing Administrator to join our team based in Victoria.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
As the Purchasing Administrator, you will:
- Create purchase orders using the purchase requisition system for non-stocked items such as office supplies, computers, building services, business services, recurring contract expenses for software and services and ensuring proper approvals are in place.
- Communicate with requisition requestors on the status of their orders and ensure they receive delivery of their items or services.
- Support senior buyers with the purchase order entry of manufacturing and development project materials purchases and expediting when required.
- Follow up with suppliers of services on invoicing, quoting, and receipt of goods
- Confirm incoming orders are on time per the committed date for all purchase orders.
- Receive purchase orders for services or goods when work has been completed and invoice received and provide support in conducting accounting variances reviews
- Create and action purchasing reports such as late lines and open order reports for irregular and recurring services that a rendered monthly or quarterly.
- Update NCRs and return to vendor as required.
- Create RMAs as required by purchasing or manufacturing
- Inform shipping/receiving of daily expected deliveries and receiving priorities
- SysPro maintenance of suppliers and manage supplier holds in the system.
- Support Production Controllers and manufacturing team lead with systems entries, cycle counts and other administrative activities.
- Generate reports and presentations as required.
- Update and maintain metrics files.
- Paperwork maintenance
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with suppliers, management and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to take direction, and be a self-starter.
- Detail and task oriented.
- Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to work within a team.
- Can focus in a fast-paced, open plan work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations and multiple time zones.
- Two years of procurement and/or administration experience is
- Degree/Diploma preferred or an equivalent combination of education and
- Proven excellent communication skills with suppliers, management and
- MRP experience desired
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by Friday, August 4, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.