We have an opportunity for a Service Desk Manager with excellent communication skills and a strong customer service focus. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Information Services and Technology (IS/IT) service desk, and supervising a small team which is responsible for the efficient resolution of Tier I and II service requests for Starfish employees, in two office locations and remotely.
The successful Service Desk Manager will help mature and modernize the business systems support model through the implementation of a new Information Technology Service Management system (ITSM), implementation of a self-service knowledge base, development of standard operating procedures, and process, and developing SLA’s and reporting performance metrics. The Service Desk Manager will be the primary point of contact for service desk escalation.
Do you have a track record of delivering exceptional customer service, personally and through your team? This role requires a minimum of six years of Information Technology and customer service experience, with three years in a lead/supervisory role. Ideally, you have experience implementing IT Service Management systems and enjoy driving continuous improvement in an organization. If you know that your skills will add value and you would like to contribute to the StarFish team, then we encourage you to keep reading!
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Service Desk Manager:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or technology related field.
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred, experience and understanding of FDA 21CFR Part 11 is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft 365, Azure and Active Directory.
- Minimum of 6 years in Information Technology and customer service, with 3 years of experience in lead/supervisory roles.
- Exceptional customer service experience and skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
- Experience creating, implementing, and executing, ITIL based processes.
- Familiar with end-point hardware and software management and support tools.
- Ability to gather information, diagnose and analyze a variety of complex technical issues and deliver creative and innovative technical solutions.
- Highly organized and able to keep track of not only their own tasks, but also the tasks assigned to all team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more details about this position, please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn more. Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
To find out more about StarFish Medical, visit: www.StarFishMedical.com If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of the Service Desk Manager role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC, and is not a remote working role.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.