The Technical Support Specialist will provide Tier I and II support services for computer systems, software and hardware while managing and prioritizing the service request queue and escalation of issues to Tier III. This role will also be responsible for maintaining inventories, deployments and troubleshooting hardware devices such as desktop computers, printers, telephones, video conferencing units, and other peripheral devices. The successful Technical Support Specialist will bring a passion for both technology and customer service and the problem solving abilities required to make technical recommendations.
Do you have 5 years of workstation, application, and end user support experience? Do you bring general network and server support experience? Does your track record of providing Tier I and II support show a focus on ensuring a courteous, timely, and effective resolution? If you answered “yes” then keep reading as you may be our ideal Technical Support Specialist!
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Key responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist include:
- Provide Tier I and II support for service requests ensuring a courteous, timely, and effective response/resolution.
- Accurately use the request ticketing and time tracking system, and maintain service levels.
- Management and prioritization of service request queue and escalation to Tier III.
- Support Windows 10 and Mac X desktop operating systems.
- Provide support for Microsoft Office 2016/2019, Microsoft 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, and COTS applications.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. WAN/LAN, Wireless, and VPN access).
- Identify processes and procedures that can be automated and make recommendations to test and monitor systems’ performance.
- Assist with development, creation, and maintenance of accurate technical support documentation and procedural compliance documentation.
For more responsibilities and additional details about this technical role, please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
Our Ideal Technical Support Specialist:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 Years of workstation, application, and end user support experience.
- 2 Years of general network and server support experience.
- Experience and knowledge in information technology information library (ITIL) methodologies
- Available for after-hours maintenance or after-hours projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities.
- Exceptional customer service experience and skills.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
To find out more about StarFish Medical, visit: www.StarFishMedical.com If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of the Technical Support Specialist role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC, and is not a remote working role.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.