VICTORIA, British Columbia, August 16, 2016 – StarFish Medical, Canada’s largest medical device design, development, and contract manufacturing company, announces a record number of speaking engagements at September medtech events for company leaders, CEO Scott Phillips and COO John Walmsley. The conferences are located throughout North America and include agendas focused on clinical research, investment, medical device development, digital health, regulations, and neurosurgery.
Topics range from The State of Innovation in the Canadian Medical Device Industry, User Needs, Digital Health Survey, Digital Health and Medical Devices, Framework for successful medical technology innovation, and the health sector in Canada.
“The variety and volume reflect a growing interest in medtech commercialization and a desire to hear about real-life experiences with medical device innovation,” notes Scott Phillips. “We’re always pleased to help educate and share our knowledge with others in the industry. Although September engagements are dominated by John and myself, it’s exciting to see more members of our team speak at events. This fall, Vesna Janic and Cam Neish from our QA/RA group will be speaking at a RAPS event and Nigel Syrotuck and Paul Charlebois from our Product Development team will be presenting at BIOMEDevice San Jose.”
Event details are updated regularly on the StarFish Medical website at: http://starfishmedical.com/about/events/.
Here are the engagements as of 16 August 2016:
- Scott Phillips will speak on The State of Innovation in the Canadian Medical Device Industry at the 2016 Annual Conference of The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) on Friday, September 30, 2016, in Montreal QC. This presentation is scheduled for the “Device Research” track.
- John Walmsley will participate as a panelist in the MedTech Product Development Conference Roundtable Discussion on User Needs. The panel takes place on Thursday, September 29. Other panelists are Craig Scherer from Insight Product Development and Steve Wilcox from Design Science.
- Scott Phillips will share his views on how digital health is viewed by medical devices companies on September 28, at the 2016 INTERFACE Health Summit at its fifth annual global conference in Vancouver BC. Scott will present results from the Digital Health Survey 2016 (supported by Interface Health among other organizations) and what they mean for the current and future state of medical device digital health adoption. Phillips is also an Industry Judge for the INTERFACE Health Challenge X, the world’s only annual competition to discover the world’s best real health problem-solving innovators.
- Scott Phillips will be a panelist at the TEC Edmonton Health Accelerator Summit in Banff, AB on September 22, 2016. The event is part of the Banff Venture Forum, which runs from Sep 21-23rd inclusive. Information and Registration for the TEC Health Summit and Banff Venture Forum: Information here and Register here.
- Scott Phillips will speak September 15-16, 2016, at the 2nd Annual ComplianceOnline Medical Device Summit in San Diego CA. Scott will present Digital Health and Medical Devices. The ComplianceOnline Medical Device Summit was one of the largest gatherings of medical device companies, suppliers, professionals and experts in 2015. This year the 2nd Annual ComplianceOnline Medical Device Summit 2016 will feature 20+speakers, 25+ key areas, and multiple tracks over two days. The “2nd Annual ComplianceOnline Medical Device Summit 2016” has been pre-approved by RAPS as eligible for up to 12 credits towards a participant’s RAC recertification upon full completion. #CoMedSummit
- Scott Phillips will speak about Framework for successful medical technology innovation at the Canadian Neurosurgical Innovation Meeting, MaRS Discovery District Toronto, on September 10, 2016. The meeting is designed to showcase Canadian Neurosurgical innovation and provide an opportunity for collaboration. The topics covered are broad, and include innovation in technology, research, education and leadership.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical provides award-winning design, development, and flexible manufacturing outsourcing services —100% dedicated to the medical device and life science marketplace. StarFish partners with innovative companies to create and manufacture breakthrough products for a full range of medical specialty areas including: Cardiovascular, Digital Health, IVD, Ophthalmology, Optics, and Ultrasound. StarFish expertise includes electronics, mechanical, human factors and software systems engineering.
Our proprietary Pathfinder™ process for medical device product definition saves clients time and resources throughout the technology and product development phases to commercialization. Prototype and low volume complex electro-mechanical production are delivered in an ISO 13485 certified facility with FDA registration, including cleanroom capabilities.
Regulatory and quality system (QMS) consultants at StarFish provide technical regulatory assistance for FDA and Health Canada submissions, including IEC 60601 and ISO13485.
StarFish Medical Media Contact: Mike Camplin | email@example.com | 250.388.3531 ext. 210 | www.StarFishMedical.com