StarFish Medical is growing again! We are searching for an additional Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk to join our Accounting team in Victoria, BC. We are looking for an AP/AR Clerk who is flexible and will work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. If you would like to be part of the creative, collegial, and supportive work culture that StarFish offers, and would love the fast pace of a high technology company, then we encourage you to read on!
Every day at StarFish brings something different, but your day may include verifying, matching and posting electronic invoices and credit card transactions, reconciling credit card and vendor statements, processing expense reports and weekly cheque runs, maintaining an effective filing system, liaising with the purchasing department, and supporting this tight-knit and very efficient accounting team.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate:
Are you someone who loves the fine details and takes pride in an organized and well-maintained filing system? Are you enthusiastic about the idea of learning new processes and helping yourself and others achieve deadlines? Do others describe you as having a “can-do” attitude? Are you someone who gets along well with those around you and enjoys being part of a team? Do you know what it takes to deliver exceptional customer service, both internally and externally? If you answered “yes” to these questions, see if you have the other required experience, skills and attributes to be the successful hire.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Completion of Grade 12 and additional post-secondary education/training in basic accounting.
- A minimum of two (2) years of accounts payable/accounts receivable work experience.
- Experience with accounting or ERP software (Starfish is using Syspro).
- Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve in order to research and escalate issues.
- Ability to manage a deadline driven and detail oriented workload, including an ability to prioritize workload under pressure, and be able to recognize and prioritize opportunities for improvement and efficiency,
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism when dealing with financial information including confidentiality
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with multiple currencies is preferred.
- Ability to have fun and laugh at yourself.
The salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
Canada’s premier medical device development group, StarFish Medical is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, StarFish Medical’s open concept office is an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How to apply:
Because you love the fine details, please review the Job Description to learn more about the position. Qualified applicants are then encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that describes how you meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.