We are searching for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our award-winning medical device development and manufacturing company in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the management of the billing process for StarFish Medical. The successful candidate will bring solid relationship building skills and work in close partnership with the project management team. You will possess strong accounting knowledge, a track record of meeting deadlines and the ability to improve processes and work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounts receivable or similar role, preferably in a product development or manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years supervisory experience in a managerial position
- Experience with Mavenlink and Syspro is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven relationship building skills, including customer service
- Solid knowledge of appropriate receivable credit policies and practices
- Ability to analyze, extract and interpret data for decision making
- Proficient with Excel, Word and MS Outlook
- Eager to learn and ability to apply newly acquired skills for immediate results
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask and work effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, and organization skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
For a more detailed overview of the role, please be sure to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
How to Apply
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the finer details of this position, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.