Based in Victoria, BC, we have an opening for the new position of Administrative Assistant to support the collaborative Manufacturing Team at StarFish Medical. Bringing 3 years of administrative experience, the successful Administrative Assistant will report to the Director of Manufacturing, and provide support to a team of five. In this role, advanced MS Office skills and the proven ability to organize a busy team and streamline processes will ensure the smooth and effective running of the Department.
Do you love working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and do you thrive under pressure? Have you been recognized for your “can-do” attitude and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization? Your strong verbal and written communication skills along with your flexibility, will allow you to contribute to this award-winning team culture and excel in this position.
StarFish Medical offers the Administrative Assistant:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
- In consultation with other staff, create effective documents based on supplied outlines or a description of the goal of the document, including client facing presentations and documentation.
- Organize and push completion of improvements within the processes of the Manufacturing Group by supporting the CAPA Champion with updating and closure of Corrective Actions, Preventative Actions and Process Improvements
- Organize and maintain the calendar of the Director of Manufacturing, and oversee calendars for all Manufacturing Functional Managers, providing reminders and scheduling assistance where requested.
- Prepare departmental and Sr. Management reports and administrative updates based on templates and standard reporting inputs, including preparation for All-Hands, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Support Program Managers by helping to keep Manufacturing client agreements up to date and maintaining revisions of new contracts being put in place.
- Continually build, share and implement process improvements.
- Review and ensure timesheets from Manufacturing staff are up to date, and coordinate for signature by the Director of Manufacturing and Functional Managers, ensuring a smooth and timely process for accounting.
- Organize department meetings, tracking chairpersons and creating agendas. Attend and keep minutes and actions lists for departmental meetings while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries, and provide general office support.
- Update and maintain Manufacturing records, including updating data within Syspro and other systems, scanning and uploading documentation to Mechworks, and filing and maintaining paper copies of Supply Chain and other Manufacturing records as required.
- Occasional support and coverage for other Administrators within the organization.
Qualifications and Abilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- 3 Years of experience in an administrative or support role is required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required, with experience in a high tech, medical and/or product development environment considered an asset.
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills specific to creating and maintaining Word templates, and the ability to manage multiple calendars and resources in Outlook is required. Graphing skills in Excel would be considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and communicate effectively with all levels of Management.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Administrative Assistant applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.