StarFish Medical is experiencing growth, and we are searching for a detail-oriented Assembly and Service Technician in Victoria, BC, to work on cutting edge technology with their high energy manufacturing team. We are interested in Jr, Intermediate and Sr level candidates. In these roles you will focus on assembling, testing, documenting and servicing a wide range of medical devices, from prototypes in development to market-ready medical devices. StarFish Medical focuses on new product introduction and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
As the Assembly and Service Technician you will be highly organized, self-motivated, and comfortable meeting a demanding shipping schedule. Attention to detail in the assembly and documentation of products is imperative for working in a quality management system.
This position reports directly to the Production & Planning Manager.
- Providing mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance to the company’s quality management system; which will require the use of adhesives, soldering irons, electrical safety testing and various tools within the facility.
- Inspect incoming materials in accordance with items masters, drawings and company quality systems.
- Liaise with product development to implement design changes and new products into manufacturing.
- Document NCR’s, RMA’s and product history in accordance with the company’s quality systems.
- Assess and service products in-house or in the field according to company procedures.
- Follow all company health and safety policies and requirements including usage, care and storage of personal protective equipment.
- Provide support to other areas of the company including, but not limited to, Quality Assurance, Product Development and Supply Chain.
- Diploma/Degree in manufacturing, engineering, technology or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, electronic assembly and system troubleshooting.
- The ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions
- An understanding of ISO Quality Systems
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft), experience with SharePoint and ERP software an asset.
- Knowledge on Electronics and Printed Circuit boards assembly and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of IPC Standard 610, 7711 and 7721
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Assembly and Service Technician applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.