Work Term Start & End Date: September 7 – Dec 27 ( TBC)
Hours/week: 40 hours
The StarFish Medical Manufacturing department specializes in low to medium volume production of electromechanical medical devices. As a full service medical device manufacturer, we also pilot production for new product introduction for higher volumes. We have manufactured medical devices for sale in North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for an eager ME, EE, Biomedical or related Technologist/Engineering program co-op student to join our growing manufacturing team in Victoria for the Fall 2021 term (4 – 8 month). The ideal candidate will have experience following detailed instructions and performing hands on tasks. We have multiple exciting projects where you will have the opportunity to work on electromechanical projects including specialized optics, and novel radio frequency devices.
This position reports to the Production & Planning Manager.
- Perform mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance to company procedures, which will require the use of adhesives, soldering irons, and various tools within the facility.
- Inspect incoming materials in accordance to item masters and company quality system.
- Follow quality control procedures to perform in-line testing to ensure quality standards are continually met.
- Document NCRs in accordance to company quality system.
- Follow all company health and safety policies and requirements including usage, care and storage of personal protective equipment.
- Provide support to other areas of the company including, but not limited to, Quality Assurance, Product Development and Supply Chain.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Assembly Technician Coop applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.