StarFish Medical has an opportunity in Victoria, BC, for a Business Analyst with a passion for collaboration, solution delivery, and transformation. While partnering with stakeholders across each of the business areas, you will gain insights into current business objectives, operational models, and processes. You will lead initiatives to identify and prioritize functional and technical requirements, analyze, and translate progressive business requirements into scalable integrated business systems. Reporting to the Director of IS/IT, the successful candidate will bring experience in process design, requirements definition, systems development life cycle, project delivery, and change management.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture and engaged team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours. Some events cater to the individual and others to their family or Covid-bubble
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Key Responsibilities of the Business Analyst include:
- Organize, prepare, and facilitate workshops to gather requirements, lead stakeholder analysis, estimate requirements, define business analysis approach, and lead requirements activities to drive business systems improvement.
- Define problem statements, identifying the current state, the desired future state, and the gaps between. Identify goals and scope to guide the organization through process improvement initiatives.
- Research and develop business cases including technological alternatives, cost benefit analysis, revenue implications, program area resource impacts, and policy/procedural impacts.
- Support the delivery of enterprise-wide projects through the application of business analysis tools and techniques.
- Analyze information gathered, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into use cases, user stories, process maps, test cases and technical specifications.
- Serve as a liaison between multiple stakeholders to support system design reviews, communicate findings, facilitate decision making and sign-off with business stakeholders.
- Coordinate business requirements with IT responsibilities, including acting as a primary contact or go-between for the IT department and the business units.
- Develop requirements traceability matrix and test plans. Determine acceptance testing framework and coordinate testing efforts to meet defined requirements.
- Manage business impact of systems changes, including leading the development and presentation of user implementation training and educational materials, and leading client meetings to resolve problems related to process changes and linkages.
- Maintain documentation of organizational process, standard operating procedures, system design, manuals, and other related artifacts.
- Prepare the test scripts and coordinate test execution during user acceptance testing.
- Lead workshops and stakeholders towards decisions, anticipate potential business needs or issues and get them addressed, and escalate when necessary.
- Conduct quality assurance checks and post-implementation reviews.
- Lead and document fit-gap analysis on various systems, leading to successful procurement of solutions that fulfil business requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent field of study is required.
- Business analysis/project management certification IIBA CBAP, PMI-PBA, PMP, and/or Lean Six sigma (Green or Black Belt) is considered a strong asset.
- Certification in Change management methodologies such as Prosci or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of analyst work experience; including 5 years of experience identifying and defining business needs, including modelling and documenting technical solutions for COTS products.
- Experience translating business requirements into workable solutions.
- Experience working effectively with non-technical end users as it relates to testing including writing business test cases, conducting functional testing, and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with MS Teams and SharePoint 365 Online.
- Experience and understanding of FDA 21CFR Part 11 is considered a plus.
- Experience leading workshops during implementations.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to bring cross-functional teams to consensus in decision making within deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extensive customer service experience.
How To Apply:
Qualified Business Analyst / Program Manager applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.