We are searching for a talented Buyer from the Supply Chain field who is looking for the right next step in their career to join our team in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager at StarFish Medical, and working as a member of the purchasing team, the Buyer will ensure the timely supply of parts, supplies and services needed for product development and manufacturing. This position will work directly with vendors and suppliers to coordinate quotes, negotiate cost, delivery and quality of materials. The primary focus is to execute the procurement process for the materials and services anticipated and required by the project and manufacturing teams.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Minimum 2 years of purchasing or other supply chain experience in a manufacturing or QMS environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures
- Previous experience negotiating cost, quality and lead time
- Proficient in standard MS Office software
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally SYSPRO (ERP).
- Raw materials buying/supplier experience (surface finishing, molding, machined goods), ideally experience working with electronic components
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Eligibility to work in Canada
Please see the Buyer (Victoria BC) Job Description to learn about the finer details of this position.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting Group [email@example.com]with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by March 21, 2020. This position is based in Victoria, BC.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.