Do you have a passion for merging creativity with technical expertise? Are you a natural disrupter that has experience in pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and challenging the status quo? Do you have a deep knowledge of service-oriented architecture design principles, in-depth knowledge of various integration technologies, a proven methodology, and will combine those skills to deliver successful integration? Are you proud to say you have contributed significantly to the success of a business transformation initiative? If you have answered “yes,” keep reading as this may be an opportunity worth applying for!
Starfish Medical has an a one-year term opportunity for a Creative Technical Lead to join the business transformation project team in their Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON office. Reporting to the Vice-President of IS/IT, and working closely with Product Development, the Creative Technical Lead plays a pivotal role in driving the technical vision and creative direction of the product life-cycle management portion of the Starfish business transformation. You will be accountable for systems definition, interface management, and integration strategy, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to deliver cutting-edge solutions. We are looking for someone who can bring together the best of both worlds – a visionary creative thinker with a solid technical foundation.
As Creative Technical Lead some your work will include:
- Architecting a product life-cycle management solution integrated into the broader business transformation.
- Collaborating with the Business Analyst (BA) to elicit, capture, and redefine stakeholder needs and system requirements.
- Motivating staff and cultivating an environment that encourages crafting innovative solutions, posing questions, and expressing concerns.
- Ensuring transparency with the team by sharing information about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Interfacing with other design team members to comprehend the implications of their design inputs.
- Identifying risks and formulating contingency plans.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in related technical role at a leadership level
- 5-10 years’ career experience, having played a significant role in a key transformational project.
- A background that highlights your ability to marry technical expertise with creative thinking, highlighting successful projects where innovation and aesthetics converge.
- Exceptional technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and inclusive working environment.
- Exceptional relationship management skills coupled with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to changing priorities and navigate ambiguity.
- Strong organizational and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to value the complexities of product transformation and the importance of user-centric design in driving success.
Exceptional Qualifications would include:
- Experience working in a high-tech consulting environment.
These are just some of the many aspects of this exciting role. If you feel that you would be suitable for this position, we encourage you to review the full job description: https://starfishmedical.com/assets/Creative-Technical-Lead-job-description.pdf before you apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
Total compensation range is expected to be:
$100,000 – $150,000 CAD for this one-year term position. Annual variable compensation tied to the completion of goals has a target that is between 5-10% of the base salary.
This role would be well suited to an independent contractor, in which case, contractor rates would rate would apply.
StarFish Medical offers:
The opportunity to join a group of passionate individuals striving to make a meaningful impact, combined with:
- The opportunity to work on ground-breaking technology.
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Profit-sharing program.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- Active social committee.
- 50% BC Transit / TTC cost-sharing in Toronto.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work; Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, while Toronto offers a Bike Share station within a 5-minute walk to the Office.
Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
About StarFish Medical:
We are a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 25 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge.
We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful (sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning) delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
StarFish Medical works with external compensation consultants annually to ensure our ranges reflect the market and our compensation philosophy. StarFish Medical utilizes a career framework that outlines the skills, abilities and behaviors that are required to move between levels of a job family. Placement within a range is based upon those skills, abilities, and behaviors. When candidates are assessed for the posted position, we may find that their skills are more aligned with a different level and will discuss that as a separate opportunity. That position may have a different pay range.
How to apply:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to [email protected] with the “Creative Technical Lead” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.