POSITION PROFILE: Desktop and Systems Administrator
Working from our Victoria office, the Desktop and Systems Administrator will help our awesome team members keep on top of their projects and tasks by managing the on-premise and cloud computing environments, making sure that systems and networks are working, available, and secure. When everything is online and “green” you’ll spend the rest of your time jumping into the queue to help with desktop and application help requests. You will also be responsible for ensuring the proper operation of the Victoria location audio-visual systems.
- Defining and managing IT/IS management tools, systems, and technology to monitor and maintain the efficient and effective operation of systems and applications in the Victoria, Toronto, and future offices.
- Maintaining and optimizing the network, server, database, and end user computing environments.
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for system upgrades.
- Analyzing and making recommendations for server, network hardware and software standardization.
- Assisting with the long-term strategy and direction of computing and systems technology.
- Managing and monitoring the data protection systems, firewalls, anti-virus, and spam filtering systems.
- Actively promoting cyber-security awareness.
- Analyzing business application requirements for functional areas such as product development, finance, manufacturing, marketing and human resources.
- Writing PowerShell code for optimizing and automating common system administration functions within the server and Office 365 environment.
- Administering and Monitoring Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint Online sites.
- Recommending network and system changes and enhancements.
- Performing security and risk assessments and analysis.
- Responding to and containing security incidents.
- Making recommendations for enhancing data systems security.
- Assisting in preparing and executing qualification and validation plans within a regulated environment.
- Participating in the on-call rotation for after-hour support.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or completion of 2-year diploma program with 5 years of experience, or commensurate experience in the field.
- Experience and knowledge of server hardware technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of troubleshooting network issues, including Wireless, VPN, and VPLS links.
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems
- Experience with administering MS SQL servers, including replication.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu).
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing.
- A great desire to automate day-to-day practices.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends (infrequently) and as part of on-call afterhours support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services.
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications would be considered an asset.
- Experience with supporting the following applications would be considered an asset: Mechworks, Altium, Solidworks, Bugzilla, wiki, SharePoint (2007), EPDM, Document Locator, Office 365 Admin.
- Experience in an ISO/FDA regulated environment would be considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting through firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.