We have an exciting opportunity in Victoria, BC, for a Director of IS/IT. The Director’s initial challenge will be defining and delivering technology solutions to maximize the systems capabilities of this high growth, fast-paced enterprise while building a solid IS/IT foundation for the company.
As part of the senior management team at StarFish, the Director of IS/IT will do more than just ensure the information technology infrastructure is updated and efficient. In this role, the Director’s first step will be to assess, prioritize and direct the required changes in systems architecture and shape the overall technology strategy.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a change management IT/IS leader who is skilled at developing processes and has an understanding of how to work within a quality management system. This role will require the implementation of clear objectives and timelines for change while managing expectations and the adoption of new technology for a diverse and talented team. The right candidate will bring strong communication, planning and organizing skills and the ability to understand the appropriate balance between flexibility and operational structure for information and technology systems in the company. As the new leader you will have full responsibility for all technology as well as the IS/IT department operations and you and your team will be responsible for building strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, serving as true partners to make technology a core business capability.
Our ideal Director of IS/IT candidate:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Management, Information Systems, or equivalent field of study is required.
- 10+ Years of recent, related technology operations leadership experience preferably in an environment requiring modernization.
- Strategic visionary and effective change agent.
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships across a wide set of stakeholders and business areas.
- Collaborative decision making skill and proven ability to set direction, create strategies and business plans, and execute plans/strategies.
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines.
- High-energy leader with the ability to manage projects with multiple tracks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, commitment to quality, results driven, and customer focused.
- Exceptional communication skills, with demonstrated written and verbal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing the company’s overarching technology strategy.
- Develop technology/cyber security vision and multi-year roadmap.
- Architect/design systems that support a regulated environment.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks.
- Be a change evangelist.
- Build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that current and planned investments and solutions are aligned with key business objectives and are scalable to enable future growth and expansion.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective technology and innovation design to support and engage with the business.
- Build and maintain collegial relationships with business leaders
- Manage IS/IT team.
- Foster a culture of innovation, communication and accountability in the technology organization.
- Promote an engaged, curious, agile and service-centric mentality at all levels.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects in alignment with organizational strategy, growth and an expanded product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical technology management positions.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the technology infrastructure that supports the company’s, current and future operations and business applications.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Ensure appropriate service levels are established and met.
- Build capability to maintain business continuity while integrating, optimizing and driving synergies across the organization.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies
- Drive a comprehensive, technology organizational structure and governance model to meet our business requirements and future goals.
- Ensure coordination between the technology organization and senior business leadership.
- Build proactive relationships and partnerships with all key functional business leaders.
- Implement an appropriate mindset and framework of scalable and agile processes, infrastructure and development/delivery methodologies, which support the company’s business now and, in the future, while managing risks associated with transformation
- Manage the IT application and infrastructure portfolio allocating resources to prioritize strategic initiatives, assign funding and monitor execution.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Director of IS/IT applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.