We have an exciting opportunity in Victoria, BC, for a Director of IS/IT. The Director’s initial challenge will be defining and delivering technology solutions to maximize the systems capabilities of this high growth, fast-paced enterprise while building a solid IS/IT foundation for the company.
As part of the senior management team at StarFish, the Director of IS/IT will do more than just ensure the information technology infrastructure is updated and efficient. In this role, the Director’s first step will be to assess, prioritize and direct the required changes in systems architecture and shape the overall technology strategy.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a change management IT/IS leader who is skilled at developing processes and has an understanding of how to work within a quality management system. This role will require the implementation of clear objectives and timelines for change while managing expectations and the adoption of new technology for a diverse and talented team. The right candidate will bring strong communication, planning and organizing skills and the ability to understand the appropriate balance between flexibility and operational structure for information and technology systems in the company. As the new leader you will have full responsibility for all technology as well as the IS/IT department operations and you and your team will be responsible for building strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, serving as true partners to make technology a core business capability.
To see the key responsibilities of this exciting new role and to find out more about this leadership opportunity, please be sure to review the full Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
Our ideal Director of IS/IT candidate:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Management, Information Systems, or equivalent field of study is required.
- 10+ Years of recent, related technology operations leadership experience preferably in an environment requiring modernization.
- Strategic visionary and effective change agent.
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships across a wide set of stakeholders and business areas.
- Collaborative decision making skill and proven ability to set direction, create strategies and business plans, and execute plans/strategies.
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines.
- High-energy leader with the ability to manage projects with multiple tracks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, commitment to quality, results driven, and customer focused.
- Exceptional communication skills, with demonstrated written and verbal skills.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of this exciting Director of IS/IT role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
This position is based in Victoria, BC. If you are not already based in Victoria, please address your willingness to relocate in your application.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.