We are searching for a Director of Manufacturing to join our award-winning medical device development and manufacturing company in Victoria, BC. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices. As the Director of Manufacturing, your main function will be to create a vision for the manufacturing division and team, then execute on that vision.
Do you have proven experience in supervising teams and managing manufacturing processes, production planning, strategic planning, supply chain, and project management? Does your experience include working in a new product development and regulated manufacturing environment? Do you bring the analytical skills required to evaluate data and make timely operational decisions? Have you demonstrated success in a highly collaborative environment? If you answered “yes”, please keep reading to determine if this is right opportunity for your next career move.
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborative member of the senior leadership team
- Hands on member of the manufacturing management team
- Contributes to the product development design process
- Develops vision for expansion of the manufacturing capabilities to contribute to the company’s long-term success
- Oversees the orchestration of activities, assignments and projects and supply chain, including document management within a regulated environment
- Drives continuous improvement and process optimization through LEAN or Six Sigma
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of process design principles and its application in proactively solving complex problems.
- Develops and manages the manufacturing and supply chain budget and operating plans
- Ensures the achievement of manufacturing and supply chain key metrics
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the entire manufacturing experience
- Responsible for the selection, training, growth and development of employees
Our Ideal Candidate:
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing or other related discipline, with minimum of 10 years of experience within a new product development and regulated manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in supervising teams, managing manufacturing processes, production planning, strategic planning, supply chain, project management
- Proven critical thinking, ability to manage ambiguity and complexity
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make timely operational decisions
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical and budgeting skills
- Strong planning, organization, and communication skills
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants for the Director of Manufacturing opportunity at StarFish Medical in Victoria, BC. are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume and cover letter indicating how your experience, skills and abilities meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.