The Director of Marketing reports to the President of StarFish Medical and is responsible for all marketing for StarFish Medical and associated StarFish Group Companies as required. This position is responsible for both strategic and hands-on marketing.
- Working with senior and executive members of the companies, develop marketing strategies that deliver key business metrics and goals, including lead generation and thought leadership.
- Participate in the development and support of the company’s strategic plans.
- Collaborate with President, sales, product development, QA/RA, and manufacturing management leadership to identify opportunities, reach new markets and develop new channels.
- Conduct market research and gather industry intelligence to understand customers and create effective marketing campaigns.
- Create the ‘voice’ of the companies, providing appropriate external and internal communications and programs, and control the direction and messaging of all creative and marketing campaigns.
- Lead and foster overall relationship with PR and other outside consultants to build creative ideas and develop marketing vehicles.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns covering traditional and non-traditional channels, social networking, and referrals to reach target segments.
- Maintain and leverage existing marketing content.
- Use ROI and benchmark goals to measure performance, monitor effectiveness and make necessary adjustments to, lead generation programs and tools around advertising, direct marketing campaigns, social media, website, etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop, implement, integrate, and manage all key components of market programs and analytics.
- Build the company as a thought leader through customer-focused content, events, messaging, and other vehicles as appropriate.
- Foster a creative, innovative, and results-oriented environment through effective resource planning, decision-making support, and individual coaching and empowerment.
- Develop and manage operational budget and develop business cases for new marketing initiatives/expenditures to help guide financial decisions.
- Build and manage the marketing team to meet growing marketing deliverables.
- Mentor and coach employees.
Education and Qualifications:
- 10+ years in B2B marketing, preferably in professional, high technology services.
- Proven ability to develop and successfully execute marketing strategies leading to increased business growth and sales.
- Big-thinking strategic perspective with an ability to operate and be effective in a small marketing team.
- Able to advocate brands, products, strategies, and processes resulting in increased sales, profitability, brand awareness, customer loyalty and corporate reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to translate ideas and vision into brand definition and marketing strategies.
- Experience generating content through employee experts for multiple mediums, including product collateral, webinars, conferences, whitepapers, news releases, website, newsletters, etc.
- A degree in Marketing or Business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Able to engage and manage outside consultants.
- Exceptional professional demeanor, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with exceptional communications and presentation abilities
- Strong ability to interpret and apply market research data.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An open and direct communicator who builds strong relationships internally and externally.
- Able to work well in roles of influence rather than control.
- Works well cross-functionally with peers and those not in direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to occasionally travel to tradeshows, presentations, and customer sites.
About StarFish Medical
StarFish Medical is Canada’s leading Medical Device Design service provider with a full complement of design, development, and manufacturing services in Victoria and Toronto. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for a number of medical specialty areas.
Medical device product definition using our proprietary Pathfinder™ process enhances technical engineering and product development. Prototype and volume production are delivered in an ISO 13485 certified facilities with class 10,000 clean room capabilities.
Our work environment received the Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2021 award recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “Director of Marketing Job Portal Issue” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement.