We are searching for a talented Director of People and Culture from the Human Resources field who is looking for the right next step in their career, and the chance to join an award-winning and growing Canadian company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at StarFish Medical, and as a member of the senior management team, the Director of People and Culture will guide, manage and provide strategic direction on the people functions of StarFish Medical. This position is fundamental to developing the company’s culture, organization growth and recruitment success. The primary focus is to ensure that the company’s locations in Victoria and Toronto continue to function efficiently as one, from a leadership, management, and culture standpoint.
About StarFish Medical:
Located in beautiful Victoria, BC, StarFish Medical visitors are immediately met with a smile in an open concept office and an environment that is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
You will work with teams of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If this is the type of office energy you strive to be a part of, then we encourage you to read on!
Our Perfect Candidate:
- You bring an understanding of the big picture requirements of an effective, fast-paced and high performing company with multiple locations.
- You demonstrate success in working with both staff and management colleagues to build and enable a positive, collegial, and engaging work culture.
- You are an expert in current, leading and effective HR practices, and you bring success in attracting, developing and retaining the best talent.
- You are highly experienced in overseeing the people requirements for an organization with over 100 employees, preferably in multiple cities.
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply for this rare, Victoria-based opportunity.
- Strong organizational, leadership, decision-making, and relationship skills;
- Ability to thrive in an environment of aligning on a company-wide vision founded on the core values of senior leaders;
- Demonstrated success motivating and mentoring technical teams;
- Ability to productively work with colleagues in a matrix management environment;
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams comprised of individuals from various disciplines and able to influence peers and leaders;
- Knowledge of current, leading and effective practices in all facets of Human Resources with demonstrated application of each;
- Customer (employee) focused with the ability to provide trusted, confidential advice and mentorship;
- Nurture and enhance productive and supportive relationships with university and college programs;
- Successfully operate at both strategic and tactical levels;
- Proficiency with HR software and excellent MS Office suite skills; and,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail when communicating.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- CPHR designation or equivalent education preferred;
- At least twenty years’ experience working in HR roles; with at least ten years’ recent, related experience in a senior HR leadership or management position, or in a similar consulting role;
- At least five years’ recent, related experience working in a private sector environment where experience includes growing a company with 100+ employees, and/or working in a 200+ employee company;
- Demonstrated success managing similar organizations from an HR standpoint; and,
- Experience operating in consulting, product development or similar technically-focused organization.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.