Director of System Operations
StarFish Medical is seeking a Director of System Operations who will define and deliver technology solutions and capabilities across this high growth, fast-paced enterprise. In this new role, the Director, as part of the senior management team will collaborate to design the technology systems that will enable the organization to continue to grow. The right candidate will enjoy the challenge of architecting the technology strategy setting the appropriate balance between the flexibility and operational structure for information and technology systems in the company. This new leader will have full responsibility for all technology as well as IS/IT operations. Success will hinge on the candidate’s ability to manage the change aspects of the systems implementations. The Director will be relied upon to build strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, serving as a true partner and making technology a core business capability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing the company’s overarching technology strategy.
- Develop technology/cyber security vision and multi-year roadmap.
- Architect/design systems that support a regulated environment.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks.
- Be a change evangelist.
- Build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that current and planned investments and solutions are aligned with key business objectives and are scalable to enable future growth and expansion.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective technology and innovation design to support and engage with the business.
- Build and maintain collegial relationships with business leaders.
- Manage IS/IT team.
- Foster a culture of innovation, communication and accountability in the technology organization.
- Promote an engaged, curious, agile and service-centric mentality at all levels.
- Ensure that the organization has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects in alignment with organizational strategy, growth and an expanded product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical technology management positions.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the technology infrastructure that supports the company’s, current and future operations and business applications.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Ensure appropriate service levels are established and met.
- Build capability to maintain business continuity while integrating, optimizing and driving synergies across the organization.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies
- Drive a comprehensive, technology organizational structure and governance model to meet our business requirements and future goals.
- Ensure coordination between the technology organization and senior business leadership.
- Build proactive relationships and partnerships with all key functional business leaders.
- Implement an appropriate mindset and framework of scalable and agile processes, infrastructure and development/delivery methodologies, which support the company’s business now and, in the future, while managing risks associated with transformation.
- Manage the IT application and infrastructure portfolio allocating resources to prioritize strategic initiatives, assign funding and monitor execution.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems, or equivalent field of study is required
- Ten+ years of recent, related technology operations leadership experience.
- Strategic visionary
- Effective change agent
- Ability to effectively build & manage effective relationships across a wide set of stakeholders and business areas
- Collaborative decision making skills
- Proven ability to set direction, create strategies and business plans and execute the plans/strategies.
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple tracks as a high-energy leader.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to quality and be results driven and customer focused.
- Exceptional communication skills, with demonstrated written and verbal skills plus attention to detail
Repeatable experience transforming environments through the implementation of new technologies.
Systems implementation consulting experience.
Regulated industry experience.
Critical capabilities include:
- Leading Change
- Strategic Thinking
- Driving Results
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the Director of System Operations position in confidence to TallSky Consulting through firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.