Are you keen to apply the fundamentals of your classwork to the medical device development industry? Does the idea of continued learning in your coop placement and your future career excite you? Do you want to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team with engineers and designers who are developing innovative medical devices?
If you answered yes, and you are an electrical engineering student who has completed their 3rd year of studies and are eligible to work in Canada, then please read on about this coop opportunity.
Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Team Lead, the Electrical Engineer co-op position is expected to provide support to the Electrical Engineering team throughout their term with StarFish Medical.
As an Electrical Engineer co-op, responsibilities can include:
- Analysis of problems to determine root causes, including hardware troubleshooting
- Design and perform experiments to determine the solution space and to select the most appropriate path forward to a great medical device
- Design, analysis and testing of analog and digital circuits
- Develop firmware and software as required
- Design and build PCBs with an eye to getting it done right first time, being conscious of high-speed concepts, EMC, Electrical Safety, noise, dynamic range, material strength and other design and component properties
- Develop documentation in accordance with requirements of ISO 13485 and IEC 60601
- Interface with other design team members
- Work to ensure that products are developed appropriately for the Regulatory Environment
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge and skills
- Other related tasks, as required.
- Current enrollment in an Electrical Engineering program
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Strong technical competence
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable operating electronics lab equipment
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong desire to take on new challenges
- Previous co-op experience in a research and development team
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience developing firmware for embedded systems
- Experience soldering, building, and reworking electronic assemblies
How to Apply:
Submit your resume, cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2019 to be considered to a fall coop term in our Victoria, BC office. Candidates are encouraged to submit a portfolio along with their application. Looking for advice from a former StarFish Medical EE co-op? Read Martin Kellinghusen’s blog.