Are you interested in being a part of a team that gets to conceptualize, design, and build the world’s next-generation medical devices?
Are you keen to design complex PCBs that are at the heart of products such as surgical robots, smart capsules, wearables, and medical imaging equipment, etc.?
Are you keen to apply the fundamentals of your classwork to solve real-world problems?
Do you want to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers who are developing innovative, electromechanical devices?
If you answered YES, and you are an Electrical Engineering student or an Engineering Physics Major who has completed their 3rd year of studies and are eligible to work in Canada, then please check us out.
We are actively looking for the right student to join our team of engineers in Victoria, BC and Toronto, ON Canada for the Winter term (Jan – Apr 2023).
Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Team Manager, the Electrical Engineering Co-op is expected to provide support to the Electrical Engineering team throughout their term with StarFish Medical.
As an Electrical Engineering Co-op student, responsibilities can include:
- Conceptualize, design and build custom PCBs for medical devices
- Develop firmware and software as required
- Use of electronics lab equipment to test and debug analog and digital circuits
- Design and perform experiments to determine the solution space and to select the most appropriate path forward to a great medical device
- Develop documentation in accordance with requirements of ISO 13485 and IEC 60601
- Interface with other design team members
- Work to ensure that products are developed appropriately for the Regulatory Environment
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge and skills
- Other related tasks, as required.
- Current enrollment in Electrical Engineering or an Engineering Physics Major
- Past experience designing a custom PCB: including schematics, layout, and fabrication.
- Past experience using Altium Designer or similar (KiCAD)
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Strong technical competence
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable operating electronics lab equipment
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong desire to take on new challenges
StarFish Medical is Canada’s leading Medical Device Design service provider with a full complement of design, development, and manufacturing services in Victoria and Toronto. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for a number of medical specialty areas. Our work environment received Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2021 award recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm PST on Monday, October 03, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a first received basis and the job posting will close as soon as the right candidate is found.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “Electronics Engineering Co-op | Winter 2023 Job Portal Issue.” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.