If you are an Electronics Engineer in Toronto, ON, who would love knowing that the electronic devices you design make a difference in people’s lives, then you will want to join Canada’s largest medical device design, development, and contract manufacturing company, StarFish Medical!
As part of the collaborative, multidisciplinary team of medical technology experts, your product development experience and technical expertise will contribute to the conceptual development of electrical circuits and systems. Your skills and knowledge will be utilized in the sourcing of parts and components and in the assembly, testing and troubleshooting of circuit boards and electrical assemblies leading to the design and development of cutting-edge medical devices. This position will enable you to use and grow your leadership skills, work directly with the clients on their interesting projects and translate the product requirements into innovative electrical designs.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- An award-winning company culture with strong core values, and a tight knit, collaborative engineering team
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and the satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- Profit sharing, competitive compensation, and an excellent company paid benefits package
- Monthly all-hands meetings and an active social committee
- TTC/Transit subsidy
What will your day include?
- Conceptual development of electrical circuits and systems
- Participation in brainstorming sessions, design reviews, team meetings
- Specification and sourcing of parts and components suitable for specified applications
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Assembly and test and troubleshooting of circuit board and electrical assemblies
- Documentation of designs and meetings to StarFish corporate standards
- Provide technical support to other functional groups at StarFish
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge and skills
- Lead or assist in the system integration of medical devices
- Lead or assist in activities related to medical/electrical standards compliance (Ex. IEC60601-1, ISO14971, etc.)
Our ideal Electrical Engineer brings:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of technical electronic product development experience in a product design environment
- Experience using electrical CAD (Altium Designer preferred) for schematic capture and PCB layouts
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing, testing and troubleshooting electronics hardware
- Strong ability to work problems from fundamentals
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus experience includes:
- Medical Device development experience
- Regulatory experience
- Consultancy or client relations experience
- Team leadership or mentorship of junior engineers
- Basic Firmware coding (C, C++)
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Electronics Engineer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
Image: James MacDonald