Are you interested in being a part of a team that gets to conceptualize, design, and build the world’s next generation medical devices?
Are you keen to design complex PCBs that are at the heart of products such as: surgical robots, smart capsules, wearables, and medical imaging equipment etc.?
Are you keen to apply the fundamentals of your classwork to solve real world problems?
Do you want to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers who are developing innovative, electromechanical devices?
If you answered YES, and you are an Electrical Engineering student or an Engineering Physics Major who has completed their 3rd year of studies and are eligible to work in Canada, then please check us out.
We are actively looking for the right student to join our team of engineers in Victoria B.C. Canada for the winter term (Jan – April 2022).
Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Team Manager, the Electrical Engineering Co-op is expected to provide support to the Electrical Engineering team throughout their term with StarFish Medical.
As an Electrical Engineering Co-op student, responsibilities can include:
- Conceptualize, design and build custom PCBs for medical devices
- Develop firmware and software as required
- Use of electronics lab equipment to test and debug analog and digital circuits
- Design and perform experiments to determine the solution space and to select the most appropriate path forward to a great medical device
- Develop documentation in accordance with requirements of ISO 13485 and IEC 60601
- Interface with other design team members
- Work to ensure that products are developed appropriately for the Regulatory Environment
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge and skills
- Other related tasks, as required.
- Current enrollment in Electrical Engineering or an Engineering Physics Major
- Past experience designing a custom PCB: including schematics, layout, and fabrication.
- Past experience using Altium Designer or similar (KiCAD)
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Strong technical competence
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable operating electronics lab equipment
- Excellent teamwork skills and a strong desire to take on new challenges
Applications will be reviewed on a first received basis and the job posting will close as soon as the right candidate is found.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Electronics Engineering Co-op applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.