Based in Victoria, BC, we have an opening for a self-motivated, proactive, and skilled Executive Assistant to support the CEO of StarFish Medical. While many administrative professionals receive the title of Executive Assistant, this role demands a true Executive Assistant. What does that mean?
You have chosen to be an Executive Assistant because you thrive when you are supporting others, enjoy anticipating their needs and being one step ahead of your executive. You are adept at improving processes and partnering with the CEO to figure things out and get things done quickly and efficiently. You take pride in knowing your contribution leads to the continued success of the CEO and the company. You are thrilled at the end of complex days when you know you have navigated them successfully, proactively, and made it all appear effortless. You enjoy new challenges, take them on willingly, and don’t hesitate to gain the new skills and knowledge required to get the desired results. You are highly professional, strategic, detailed, and have the ability to balance tactical day to day tasks with the company’s strategic long-term vision.
We know that one of the most important factors for an Executive Assistant to consider when seeking their ideal opportunity is the fit between you and the CEO you will be supporting. It is important to the CEO that the Executive Assistant is able to represent them to others in a way that fits with their personality, and is confident when communicating with diverse people, adjusting your communication style as required. If this is an opportunity that excites you, read on for more information.
StarFish Medical offers the Executive Assistant:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Personal Strengths of the Executive Assistant:
- Professionalism, discretion and approachability when dealing with people at all levels of the organization, external stakeholders, and clients.
- Self-directed with the ability to multitask and prioritize daily workloads, and the confidence to problem solve in order to organize time and resources to get things done efficiently.
- Ability to manage a myriad of details and stay organized in a dynamic environment.
- A natural curiosity is encouraged, and the ability to work independently while being part of a collaborative team.
- An enjoyment and strong aptitude for utilizing the latest administrative technologies.
- 5+ Years of proven experience as an Executive Assistant, Senior Executive Assistant, or in other related positions.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- High proficiency in English, with outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, internet and administrative tools.
- Comfortable with high volume and complex prioritization.
- Able to occasionally work outside the regular schedule (i.e. take care of travel check-ins on a weekend).
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Executive Assistant applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.