StarFish Medical is searching for an articulate and motivated Executive Assistant who has a passion for providing exceptional administrative services, and is looking for a unique opportunity to support our CEO, who is focused on promoting our experience as developers of ground-breaking, leading edge medical devices. The Executive Assistant liaises and communicates effectively with all levels of our team and management as well as clients. The right candidate has the organizational capability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere and the experience to push through problems and accomplish challenging projects.
About StarFish Medical
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, office visitors are immediately met with a smile and an open concept office where the environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
You will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If this is the type of office energy you strive to be a part of; a place where you will love the fast pace of a high technology company, then we encourage you to read on!
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. You are excited and confident to work with minimal direction. Doing a great job and supporting the CEO to be successful are driving motivators for you. You support the CEO in achieving his goals, are a curious person and can comfortably work with ideas in the abstract.
You are able to use your judgement in decision making and can interact with individuals at any level, internal or external to the company. You bring a positive energy to the workplace and are always looking for a way to make improvements.
- Responsible for preparing and sending correspondence on behalf of the CEO
- Prepare and provide meeting briefs to support the CEO for meetings
- Maintain calendar, including arrange meetings, appointments, travel arrangements and provide reminders
- Receive calls, take messages and route correspondence
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the CEO and internal/external clients
- Arrange Advisory Board events which take place outside of the work place
- Occasionally arrange events for internal and external groups
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial position (5+ years)
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in English
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Occasionally work outside the regular schedule (i.e. take care of travel check-ins on a weekend)
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You look one or two steps ahead and act to remove potential roadblocks
- You want to make someone else successful, and support them in that regard
- You have political awareness that you can apply when working with those external to the company
- You are able to work with minimal guidance and manage stressful situations.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and covering letter that includes salary expectations, clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.