We are searching for an Industrial Designer with medical device development experience who is looking for that special company where creativity and innovation is embraced and celebrated. There is an opportunity for this role to be in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON.
The Industrial Designer reports directly to the ID Functional Manager. As part of the Product Development team there is the opportunity to ask difficult questions, use good strategy, apply innovative technologies and follow through with creative, well-engineered, award-winning medical device designs. It will be critical to collaborate with senior designers, engineers and physicists within this vibrant multi-disciplinary team.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Does this describe you?
- You have the technical education and at least 5 years’ experience in industrial design utilizing programs like Solid Works, Photoshop and Illustrator to bring designs to life.
- You have experience with the design and development of medical devices and you bring a very user-centric approach to every new project, completing research to understand the workflow and use environment for an elegantly and purposely designed product to meet the needs of our clients.
- Your sketching and ideation skills pull initial design ideas together, provide solutions to problems and translate concepts from the prototype to the manufacturing process.
- You understand that collaborative, cross functional teams are the most effective and your communication skills successfully bring diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded and out-of- the-box thinking.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial design experience with experience in medical device design and development required.
- BA, BS or MS in Industrial Design
- Proficient use of SolidWorks, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in a consultancy or as a freelancer
- Strong analytical, sketching and ideation skills
- Model making and prototyping skills and project planning knowledge
To find out more about this position and responsibilities, please review the JobDescription. Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a resume, a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter that that includes your salary expectations and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.