We have an opportunity in Victoria, BC, or Toronto, ON, for an Industrial Designer who is looking for that special company where creativity and innovation is embraced and celebrated. The Industrial Designer will have the opportunity to ask difficult questions, use good strategy, apply innovative technologies and follow through with creative, well-engineered, award-winning medical device designs.
Your sketching and ideation skills pull initial design ideas together, provide solutions to problems and translate concepts from the prototype to the manufacturing process. You understand that collaborative, cross functional teams are the most effective and your communication skills successfully bring these diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded and out-of- the-box thinking. The Industrial Designer reports directly to the ID Functional Manager.
Does this describe you?
- You have the technical education and at least 5 years of product design and development experience utilizing a wide breadth of cutting edge prototyping techniques and tools such as SolidWorks, Photoshop and Illustrator to bring designs to life.
- You bring a very user-centric approach to every new project, completing research to understand the workflow and use environment for the design and development of medical devices to elegantly and purposely meet the needs of our clients.
- Your ability to synthesize ideas developed in a multi-disciplinary brainstorming environment is well supported by your excellent sketching and presentation skills that translate concepts into compelling solutions that our clients can get excited about.
- You understand that collaborative, cross functional teams are the most effective and your communication skills successfully bring these diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded and out-of- the-box thinking.
StarFish Medical offers:
- An award winning company culture with strong core values, and a tight knit, collaborative design team
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and the satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- Profit sharing, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings and an active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA or BS in Industrial Design
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial design experience with product design and development experience required
- Proficient use of SolidWorks, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working in a consultancy is beneficial
- Strong analytically
- Sketching and Ideation skills
- Model making and prototyping skills
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Industrial Designer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.