We are searching for a highly organized Inventory Controller in beautiful Victoria, BC, who is looking for that special company where a creative, collegial, and supportive culture is so important.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you are an expert resource for inventory control throughout the manufacturing cycle, and you’re passionate about process improvement and driving productivity every step of the way. You will ensure the stock is organized, accurate and stored efficiently, maintain the cleanliness of the inventory areas, conduct/report cycle counts, and you will execute the kitting process.
StarFishMedical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, StarFish Medical’s open concept office is an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Inventory Controller is an expert resource for inventory control throughout the manufacturing cycle, improving processes and driving productivity every step of the way. The Inventory Controller assists the Purchasing Manager (and Production Manager) in overseeing and maintaining stocked inventory and supplies. The Inventory Controller keeps track of all parts, products and supplies, ensuring that stock is organized, and accurate.
- Daily Cycle count of parts and Finished Goods to meet department metrics.
- Work order picking and issuing.
- Stock put away.
- Maintaining floor stock of POU and Kanban items.
- Organizing and maintaining cleanliness of the controlled inventory areas.
- Processing transaction within SYSPRO, including part issuing, warehouse transfers, inventory adjustments.
- Sales order picking and issuing.
- Daily and weekly reporting including INV by commodity, cycle count results, and any other reports as requested by the Purchasing or Production Managers.
- Scheduling and executing the kitting process.
- Planning and monitoring material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations.
- Liaison with procurement staff to ensure timely arrival of goods and services to manage on time delivery of goods and services.
- Managing Shortage Process.
- Any other duties required in the course of a day as requested by the Purchasing and Production Managers.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of procurement, inventory control or production control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree/Diploma preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO9001,13485, etc. is beneficial.
- Experience with demand management, master scheduling, production control or inventory control is preferred.
- ERP/ MRP experience desired.
- Highly organized and able to undertake and prioritize a multitude of tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated communication skills with suppliers, management and peers required.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting (email@example.com) with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.