We have an opportunity for a proactive IT Team Lead to join Canada’s premier and award-winning high-tech medical device development group, StarFish Medical in Victoria, BC. In this new role, the Lead will provide technical leadership to the talented IT and Helpdesk teams at StarFish Medical who are responsible for maintaining and improving the IT systems and supporting applications required to ensure that systems and networks are working, available, protected, and secure.
Do you take pride in providing exceptional customer service? Do you have 2 years of experience providing technical management to a team of administrators, technicians, and/or analysts? Do you thrive on troubleshooting and improving services? If you answered “yes” and know that your experience and skills will add value to the StarFish IT team, then we encourage you to apply!
StarFish Medical will offer you:
· Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
· An organization with strong core values
· A team oriented/collaborative environment
· Profit sharing
· Competitive compensation
· Excellent benefits package
· Monthly All-hands meetings
· Active social committee
· 50% BC Transit cost sharing
· Galloping Goose cycling access close by
· Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
· A minimum of 2 years of experience providing technical management to a team of administrators, technicians, and/or analysts.
· A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or a 2 year diploma program with 5 years of experience, or commensurate experience in the field.
· Experience and knowledge of server hardware technologies and troubleshooting network issues, including Wireless, VPN, and VPLS links.
· Experience with Windows Server operating systems and administering MS SQL servers, including replication.
· Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services.
· Microsoft and Cisco certifications would be considered an asset.
· Exceptional customer service experience and skills.
· Ability to work afterhours and weekends (infrequently) and as part of on-call afterhours support.
Additional Abilities and Skills Considered Desirable:
· Proactive, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to quickly and easily build strong, effective working relationships with internal team members and contractors. For more details about this position, please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn more.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included. To find out more about StarFish Medical, visit: www.StarFishMedical.com If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a cover letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.