We are searching for a Service Desk Technician to join our award-winning medical device development and manufacturing company in Victoria, BC.
Reporting the Director of Operational Systems, the Service Desk Technician will provide first level technical and application support for StarFish employees. The successful candidate brings a passion for both technology and customer service, and is a team player with strong technical knowledge and excellent communication skills.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service with a demonstrated service orientation
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques utilized in providing technical desktop support and experience working within a Service Desk ITSM or ticketing tools
- Experience providing user support in a Microsoft Active Directory environment, and proven experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrade of Windows operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills when dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities
- Providing first tier support for service requests ensuring a courteous, timely, and effective response/resolution
- Management and prioritization of service request queue and escalation to Tier II and III
- Support of Windows 7/10 and Mac X desktop operating systems
- Support for Microsoft Office 2016/2019, Microsoft 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, and multiple COTS applications
- Troubleshooting hardware devices such as printers, telephones, video conferencing units, and other peripheral devices
For a more detailed overview of the responsibilities and to determine if you have the required skills and attributes to be successful in the role, please be sure to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
How to Apply
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the finer details of this position, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting (email@example.com) with a resume and cover letter that indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.