Are you interested in being a part of a team that gets to conceptualize, design, and build the world’s next generation medical devices?
Are you keen to design PCBs that are at the heart of products such as: surgical robots, smart capsules, wearables, and medical imaging equipment etc.?
Do you want to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and designers who are developing innovative, electromechanical devices to solve real world problems?
If you answered YES, and you are recent grad from an Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics program and are eligible to work in Canada, then please check us out.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package; extended health/dental paid 100% by employer
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
The Electronics Engineer, based in Victoria, BC:
- Designs, prototypes, tests, and troubleshoots electrical sub-systems and electronic devices of moderate complexity and contributes to the design and development of complex devices
- Creates schematics diagrams, lays out printed circuit boards, and on occasion writes low-level firmware
- Simulates and verifies designs documenting design decisions and results to maintain traceability
- Applies electronics engineering expertise to ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices
- Contributes to the development and verification of detailed specifications based on client-specific technologies and product requirements
- Generates documentation for verification, transfer to manufacturing , and for submission to regulatory approval authorities
- Receives guidance and technical oversight from engineers while taking part of a multidisciplinary team that can also include mechanical engineers, software engineers, industrial designers, project managers, and regulatory and manufacturing experts.
- Continuously expands technical knowledge and skills
- Contributes to Starfish’s culture of excellence, collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience designing PCB’s (Altium Designer, KiCAD experience preferred)
- Hands-on experience bringing up, troubleshooting, and repairing PBCs (including soldering and reworking SMT parts)
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to apply electronics theory and critical thinking to solve challenging technical problems
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Comfortable operating basic lab equipment (for example: bench supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, bench multimeters, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Past experience using an Electrical CAD software for schematic capture and PCB design (Ex. Altium, OrCAD, KiCAD)
- Circuit analysis using a SPICE simulator (Ex. LTSpice, TinaTI, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Hardware design for embedded systems
- Knowledge of common bio-medical technologies (ultrasonics, optics, lasers, electromagnetics, fluidics, control systems)
- Design for Electromagnetic Compliance
- Wireless communications implementation
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Junior Electronics Engineer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.