The Master Planner is a member of our manufacturing department reporting to the Director of Manufacturing and based in Victoria, BC. The Master Planner works closely with our procurement, manufacturing and engineering teams. This position requires someone who is comfortable in a changing and dynamic work environment, who likes to stay busy and enjoys making things happen in an innovative high technology company.
The Master Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within and between departments, our Toronto facility, and our customers. As a Master Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the raw material management required to support production. This includes planning & scheduling materials from Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), managing material availability, troubleshooting problems, determining & eliminating the root cause of issues in the supply chain. You will communicate material supply issues directly with your internal customers, resolving conflicts as they arise, and place purchase orders (PO’s) with suppliers.
At StarFish, our very experienced and capable teams of engineers and designers enable the success of ground-breaking medical device companies. As we say, “Our success is measured by the success of our clients.”
As the Master Planner, you are accountable for the following processes and tasks:
- Team champion and lead administrator of the demand management process:
- Develop customer commits to the demand plan based on material and capacity constraints.
- Utilize, develop, and refine the StarFish Medical standard planning processes.
- Create Work Order documentation as required to meet customer commitments.
- Maintain achievable build & ship plans, with a focus on minimizing costs and internal lead-time.
- Plan the equipment, material and manpower needs for achieving the build plan.
- Expedite and de-expedite raw materials in order to meet production requirements and inventory goals.
- Drive data integrity in capacity analysis tool (Run rate accuracy, loading level and ramp rate agreement, KPI reports and team education).
- Effectively manage accurate cut-in dates resulting from Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s), product transfers, and End of Life (EOL) activity.
- Coordinate with Management in resolving production planning and control issues.
- Communicate production updates to Management and clients on regular basis.
- Timely handling of non-conforming and defective raw materials – including discussions with the Quality Control team, clients, suppliers, and others in order to determine the source of the problem and necessary corrective action.
- Develop firm understanding of cross-functional responsibilities, processes, and goals:
- Possess active knowledge of supply chain, inventory control, and manufacturing processes.
- Recognize critical components, pricing, lead-time, and high stocks.
- Action activities in Work In Progress (WIP) tracking capabilities, Bill of Materials (BOM) structuring, and process routings.
- Project to Plan Tracking-create and maintain detailed planning models for labor and COGS:
- Create and validate labor and material cost models by program (actual vs target).
- Maintain metrics as assigned by Management.
- Work with Management to plan and manage production tasks to improve metrics.
- Coordinate with Management in resolving over-budget conditions.
- Define, communicate and execute cost reduction improvement plans as approved by manager.
The Master Planner is expected to act in a back-up capacity for the following processes:
- Purchase Order Management Process.
- Purchase Requisition Process.
- Program Lead Backup in PEM’s and scheduled communication with clients.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the capacity planning elements of a manufacturing accounting or ERP systems (preferably Syspro).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with demand management, master scheduling, production control and inventory control.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving skills, math skills and the ability to determine root cause with a focus on implementing effective solutions.
- Good team player with passion, customer focus, a demonstrated sense of urgency to resolve conflicts as they arise, & the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- The flexibility to handle a broad range of responsibilities as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to develop excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders/clients, as well as troubleshoot and manage resources to gain solutions to complex problems.
- Highly organized and able to undertake and prioritize a multitude of tasks.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with suppliers, management and peers required.
- Microsoft Suite – intermediate level.
- 5 – 10 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the capacity planning elements in Syspro.
- 5 – 10 years of experience with demand management, master scheduling, production control and inventory control.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO9001, 13485, etc. is desired.
- SYSPRO / ERP – previous / equivalent experience.
- DBWorks / Document Control software – previous / equivalent experience.
- SharePoint – previous / equivalent experience.
- APICS / PMAC certification desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
If the idea of developing leading edge products in the medical device field intrigues you, we know you will find the Starfish compensation package competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply in confidence please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position, along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply to Starfish Medical; however only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.