Are you a forward-thinking planner with expertise in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment? Starfish Medical, a rapidly growing organization has a new opportunity for a Materials Planner to join the Supply Chain team in their Victoria, BC office. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and seamless flow of materials to support manufacturing operations. A key element of this position is to work closely with key stakeholders to plan according to client forecast and guarantee inventory level for current and future production within cost expectations.
As a Materials Planner you will:
- Analyze demand patterns and collaborate with Project Managers and Production teams to anticipate future material requirements, incorporating MRP driven insights.
- Plan and monitor material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operations.
- Liaise with procurement staff to ensure timely arrival of goods and services, and review and implement target data versus actuals and updating the systems as needed.
- Analyze program costing and production Bill of Materials for historical comparison with projected costs.
- Participate in project quoting, and coordinate with Manager in resolving over-budget considerations.
- Create and maintain detailed planning models for COGS of production and prototype builds as needed.
- Effective management of inventory levels in relation to current and future business requirements, expediting orders as needed.
- Program cost management, including reduction exercises and inventory planning procedures.
- Maintain assigned metrics and work with Managers to plan and manage material requirements for metric improvements.
- Conduct other related tasks, as required.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- 2-3 years’ experience in materials planning and inventory management with a strong focus on MRP/ERP systems.
- A degree or diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with demand management, production scheduling or inventory control is preferred.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO9001, 13485 is an asset.
- Highly organized and able to undertake and prioritize a wide array of tasks.
- Curiosity, eagerness to learn, and resourceful.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with diverse stakeholders.
- APICS/PMAC certification desired.
Exceptional Qualifications would include:
- Experience working in a high-tech consulting environment.
- Experience in Medical Device design or a similarly regulated industry.
Salary range is expected to be:
$46,332 – $57,915 CAD for this position. Annual variable compensation tied to the completion of goals has a target that is up to 5% of the base salary. Employees are also eligible to earn profit sharing
StarFish Medical offers:
The opportunity to join a group of passionate individuals striving to make a meaningful impact, combined with:
- Full-time, Permanent position.
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Profit sharing.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- An active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria.
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work. Galloping Goose access is close by.
- Free parking on-site or around the premises.
About StarFish Medical:
We are a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 25 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge.
We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful (sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning) delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
StarFish Medical works with external compensation consultants annually to ensure our ranges reflect the market and our compensation philosophy. StarFish Medical utilizes a career framework that outlines the skills, abilities and behaviors that are required to move between levels of a job family. Placement within a range is based upon those skills, abilities, and behaviors. When candidates are assessed for the posted position, we may find that their skills are more aligned with a different level and will discuss that as a separate opportunity. That position may have a different pay range.
How to apply:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to [email protected] with the “Materials Planner” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.