We are seeking an experienced Manager of Mechanical Engineering who can define and share the vision to inspire the Mechanical Engineering team. As a senior leader, you will focus on leading by example, building capabilities through the management, development and mentoring of your team. This position will require you to bring your expertise and deep knowledge in the product development life cycle and your passion for working directly with clients to shape new products.
Your engineering and product development work has enabled you to hone your skills in managing and allocating resources to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. You enjoy building close working relationships with project managers and cross-functional teams from various disciplines and you own the quality, performance and efficiency of your department. You thrive in a collaborative environment where challenges and complex problems need to be analyzed, root causes determined and risks are easily identified and mitigated. To be successful in this role, you will truly enjoy spearheading innovation and driving process improvements, while acting as a role model for the StarFish values.
Our Ideal Candidate brings:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years recent, related experience managing highly integrated, product development projects with a proven track record of delivering high quality releases
- 5 years demonstrated experience managing, developing, motivating and mentoring mechanical engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience with and a deep understanding of the full development life cycle
- Strong organizational, leadership, decision-making, and relationship skills
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485, FDA, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment and experience developing mechanical solutions for high-end medical devices is an asset
ABOUT STARFISH MEDICAL
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 80+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by February 28, 2019.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.