StarFish Medical is searching for a Principal Systems Engineer in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON. Working in concert with program management and technical teams the Principal Systems Engineer will identify the ideal technical strategy and commercialization approach for our diverse portfolio of clients. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
Do you bring experience leading complex, highly technical programs in a fast-paced product development environment? Has your experience been in with environments where each product is unique and there isn’t a “one size fits all” solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and bring the ability to provide shape to open-endedness and uncertainty? As this is a leadership role, you will bring your proven communication and interpersonal skills as well as your experience working directly with clients and technical teams.
If you answered “yes”, and bring a minimum of 10 years of product development experience leading the development of technical strategies and commercialization approaches for complex electro-mechanical products, a history of working in collaborative environments, and ideally some experience working in medical device development (e.g. ISO 13485) or another regulated industry, then we encourage you to review our Job Portal to find out more about this leadership Principal Systems Engineer role.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
Our ideal Principal Systems Engineer brings:
- Eng., B.A.Sc., or similar in Systems engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Software engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of product development experience including:
- Leading the development of the technical strategy and commercialization approach for complex electro-mechanical product solutions (e.g. high-level product definition, product roadmap development, concept generation, and architecture)
- Collaborating with project managers and leading the development of proposals for clients
- Experience working in medical device development (e.g. ISO 13485) or another regulated industry preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational capabilities.
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities and ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written) and demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and requirements to stakeholders, and usually focused on technical audiences.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including ability to maintain accurate records and traceability.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans.
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly changes to plans.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Principal Systems Engineer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.