We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a proven track record of managing highly integrated, product development projects through to successful launch, manufacturing and production. Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, this position sets the strategic vision and roadmap for the successful commercialization of our client’s products. The Product Manager will manage the client relationships and own the product’s performance, costs and timelines to deliver the complete product experience and ensure client satisfaction. The ability to foster and build relationships, actively listen, solicit critical information and respond to the technical engineering requirements and client feedback is essential to the success of the position. The role will focus on bringing together StarFish with our clients and vendors and will be responsible for motivating diverse, cross functional teams in a creative and collaborative win/win environment.
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You could be working in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, or in beautiful Victoria, BC, where visitors are immediately met with a smile and open concept offices. The working environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
As our Product Manager you will focus on three key areas:
- Managing the client relationship
- Working cross-functionally as the manufacturing liason for product development projects
- Assuming internal responsibility for ensuring all project related activities are scheduled and completed on time and on budget.
Our Ideal Candidate brings:
- Degree in Business Management, Engineering or related fields (a diploma with equivalent work experience may be considered).
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management or Project Engineering roles with product responsibility and ownership.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong planning, relationship building, and negotiation skills, required to create win/win situations for our customers and our company.
- Innovative problem solving skills and proven adaptability.
- Prior experience managing highly integrated, product development projects with a proven track record of delivering products through high quality releases to commercialization
- Demonstrated experience with and a deep understanding of the full development life cycle
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485, FDA, etc.) and following a Quality Management System.
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment and experience developing mechanical solutions for high-end medical devices is an asset
We thank all those who apply to Starfish Medical, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please.
Please see the Product Manager job description to learn about the finer details of this position.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included. We thank all those who apply to Starfish, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position by Friday, April 5, 2019.