We are searching for a mission-oriented Program Manager who will apply their strategic problem-solving expertise across diverse disciplines – project management, product development, client relations, stakeholder management and business development.
This position will have the enviable role of providing 10,000-foot strategic oversight of client relationships and programs without focusing as much on the operational aspects of managing projects. This role will satisfy that person who appreciates an ever-changing environment of highly complex FOAK technology-rich products and the need to relentlessly understand, shape and revisit stakeholders’ expectations. Simply put, breathing life into new designs is a passion for the right candidate.
While time will be spent managing projects, this position will focus more intently on enabling our very experienced and capable team of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers and Project Engineers, helping them to anticipate problems and define solutions to existing challenges. The right candidate will know what it takes to successfully define, develop and launch new cutting-edge technology products and thus be able to synthesize strategic roadmaps, program plans and program risk registers.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 80+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
At our head office in beautiful Victoria, BC, Canada, you will work in an energizing, purpose-designed 20,000 sq. ft. facility with some of the best medical device design strategists, designers and engineers to help direct, create and deliver exciting product experiences for varied device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
- Build and foster meaningful, trust-based relationships with new clients
- Lead and inspire Senior Project Managers and Project Engineers as they oversee teams developing new products and novel technologies from initial concept through detailed design
- Coach and mentor other team members in all aspects of project management and product development
- Develop strategic program plans, program management plans, program charters and product roadmaps
- Spearhead project recovery assignments for challenged projects
- Conduct project health assessments and make recommendations to the PMO
- Initiate and lead effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box strategic thinking
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to ensure that schedules are met and budgets are controlled
- Interface with Business Development to support the transfer of new activities into Engineering
- Initiate and lead appropriate design reviews as required
- Oversee the work of team members to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures, product requirements, and specifications
- Ensure that all required design and quality documentation is completed and all design processes are followed
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), this will include developing and maintaining documentation
- Engineering degree, physical science degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 10 years of recent, related experience in similar program manager or senior project manager
- Experience in new product development, whether medical or not, is essential
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment is desired
- Experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not, would be advantageous
- PMP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements to navigate projects in the ISO13485 environment
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving, communications and negotiating skills
- Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with team members in remote locations and multiple time zones
- Tenacious personality and drive for success
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.