We have an exciting new opportunity in Victoria, BC, and Toronto, ON, for a Project Analyst with proven experience in providing excellence in project management monitoring and controlling within the Project Management team at StarFish Medical. Your focus will be on supporting project monitoring, reporting, and execution. You will work alongside Project Managers as a key member of a cross-functional team to successfully define project/program goals and deliver projects on time and within budget.
You are detail-oriented, and your accurate dashboards and reports will equip the Project Managers with mission-critical project health information. You bring a passion for identifying ways in which you can help other members of the team, taking on as much responsibility as appropriate to provide them with the time to focus on technology leadership, development and change management.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team-oriented/collaborative environment
- Award-winning company culture and engaged team
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- An active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- Work alongside members of the Project Management team to support project planning, proposal writing, project tracking, client invoicing, as well as the creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Prepare detailed project financial, schedule and risk-based health reports to the Project Management team to support their decision-making and execution of the projects.
- Lead the collection and review of departmental portfolio data to deliver business critical information and metrics.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, program risk registers, stakeholder registers/maps, project charters and issues list.
- Prepare for and attend project meetings including development of status reports, agendas, action item lists and detailed minutes.
- Provide timely support to the project teams for the resolution of project audit findings.
- Support vendor quotations, POs, and lead times to monitor BOM targets and ensure cost-effective manufacturing processes are chosen during design.
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to collect inputs required to maintain the project health dashboards and reports.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), including the development and maintenance of documentation.
- Occasionally support the development and presentation of training materials as they pertain to Project Controls functions.
- Occasionally contribute to the re-evaluation of and modification of processes, procedures, and tools to better support the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Degree or diploma in Project Management, Project Controls, Business Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in project controls.
- Familiarity with earned value management (EVM).
- Experience developing schedules (both effort-driven and fixed duration) and maintaining detailed budgets.
- Previous experience in a consulting environment is desired and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or (e.g., aerospace, or automotive), would be advantageous.
- CAPM (Certified Assistant Project Manager) or PMP (Project Management Professional) designations are desirable for this position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct others (formally or informally) and enjoys sharing knowledge informally and through formal training.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Strong competence in MS Office Suite (especially MS Project, Excel, and Word).
- Strong client liaison, both oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and flexibility to work with variability in technology, clients, and teams.
- Exceptional judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
How To Apply:
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position, please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal. We look forward to meeting you!
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.