We have an exciting new opportunity in Victoria, BC, for a Project Analyst with proven experience providing excellence in project management monitoring and controlling functions to join the growing team at StarFish Medical. You will work alongside Project Managers as a key member of a cross-functional team to successfully define project/program goals and deliver projects on time and on budget. Your focus will be on project monitoring, reporting and supporting execution.
You are detail-oriented and your accurate dashboards and reports will equip the Project Managers with mission-critical project health information. You bring a passion for identifying ways in which you can help other members of the team, taking on as much responsibility as appropriate to provide them with the time to focus on technology leadership, development and change management.
Our ideal candidate understands that collaborative, cross functional teams are the most effective teams, and has strong administrative and communication skills bringing diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded, and out-of- the-box thinking.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
Our ideal Project Controller candidate:
- Degree or diploma in Project Management, Project Controls, Business Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in project controls.
- Familiarity with earned value management (EVM).
- Experience developing schedules (both effort-driven and fixed duration) and maintaining detailed budgets.
- Previous experience in a consulting environment is desired and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not (e.g. aerospace or automotive), would be advantageous.
- CAPM (Certified Assistant Project Manager) or PMP (Project Management Professional) designations are desirable for this position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct others (formally or informally) and enjoys sharing knowledge informally and through formal training.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Strong competence in MS Office Suite (especially MS Project, Excel and Word).
- Strong client liaison, both oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and flexibility in order to work with variability in technology, clients and teams.
- Exceptional judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
- Work alongside members of the Programs team to support project planning, proposal writing, project tracking, client invoicing, as well as the creation and maintenance of project documentation.
- Prepare detailed project financial, schedule and risk-based health reports to the Programs team to support their decision-making and execution of the projects.
- Lead the collection and review of departmental portfolio data to deliver business critical information and metrics.
- Oversee the work of other Project Controls team members to ensure compliance with applicable project-based processes, procedures and best practices.
- Support others on the Project Controls team with higher complexity/non-routine assignments.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, program risk registers, stakeholder registers/maps, project charters and issues list.
- Prepare for and attend project meetings including development of status reports, agendas, action item lists and detailed minutes.
- Provide timely support to the project teams for the resolution of project audit findings.
- Support vendor quotations, POs and lead times to monitor BOM targets and ensure cost-effective manufacturing processes are chosen during design.
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to collect inputs required to maintain the project health dashboards and reports.
- Interface with Project Managers and Business Development to support the development of project proposals and transfer of new activities into Engineering.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), including the development and maintenance of documentation.
- Occasionally support the development and presentation of training materials as they pertain to Project Controls functions.
- Occasionally contribute to the re-evaluation of and modification of processes, procedures and tools in order to better support the ever-changing needs of the business.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. StarFish project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Project Analyst applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.