We have a new opportunity for a Project Buyer in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the Project Buyer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the timely supply of parts and supplies needed to support the project needs of the product development team. This role requires a motivated, self-driven and strong individual contributor. The Project Buyer is thoughtful and a creative problem solver who brings ideas and solutions to the team and can think outside the box while still playing with the lines.
Are you great at sourcing and purchasing the right electronic components and biotech materials? Do you love browsing and are very good at navigating the current global supply chain disruptions? Are you highly collaborative, engaging, detail-oriented, and have the flexibility to adapt to a very fast-paced work environment? If this sounds like you, and this opportunity sounds intriguing, keep reading!
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principals
- Competitive compensation
- Team profit sharing program
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria
- Bike Share location near office plus and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
Responsibilities will be to:
- Represent the Supply Chain at Product Development meetings (project kickoff meetings, design reviews, etc.)
- Maintain clear lines of communication with project teams and clients around purchasing issues and concerns
- Own the procurement process for materials and services anticipated and required by the project teams
- Source approved suppliers that will enhance and enable product development activities
- Negotiate costs, delivery, quality, and supply terms for new components.
- Maintain a costed bill of materials (BOM) throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop and maintain communication tools that best support client and team objectives
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration an asset, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment).
- Proficient in standard MS Office software, intermediate competency in Excel required
- Experience with ERP systems, and preferably with SYSPRO.
- Raw materials purchasing/supplier experience (surface finishing, molding, machined goods) is preferred.
- Experience working with electronic components would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO:9001 and ISO:13485
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team player.
- Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities and be highly flexible in a demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail, highly efficient and effective time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
How To Apply:
Qualified Project Buyer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.