We have a new opportunity for a Project Buyer in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the Project Buyer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the timely supply of parts and supplies needed to support the project needs of the product development team. This role requires a motivated, self-driven and strong individual contributor. The Project Buyer is thoughtful and a creative problem solver who brings ideas and solutions to the team and can think outside the box while still playing with the lines.
Are you great at sourcing and purchasing the right electronic components and biotech materials? Do you love browsing and are very good at navigating the current global supply chain disruptions? Are you highly collaborative, engaging, detail-oriented, and have the flexibility to adapt to a very fast-paced work environment? If this sounds like you, and this opportunity sounds intriguing, keep reading!
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology.
- An organization with strong core values.
- A team-oriented/collaborative environment.
- Award-winning company culture and engaged team.
- Profit sharing.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- 50% BC Transit/TTC cost sharing.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work, Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, and Toronto offers a Bike Share station within a 5-minute walk to the office.
- Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
- An active social committee with events happening both during the workday and outside work hours. Some events cater to the individual, and others to their family.
Responsibilities will be to:
- Represent the Supply Chain at Product Development meetings (project kickoff meetings, design reviews, etc.)
- Maintain clear lines of communication with project teams and clients around purchasing issues and concerns.
- Own the procurement process for materials and services anticipated and required by the project teams.
- Source approved suppliers that will enhance and enable product development activities.
- Negotiate costs, delivery, quality, and supply terms for new components.
- Maintain a costed bill of materials (BOM) throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain communication tools that best support client and team objectives.
- Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration an asset, or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced managing Engineering Change Control (ECC) requests.
- 3+ years of supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment).
- Proficient in standard MS Office software, intermediate competency in Excel required
- Experience with ERP systems, and preferably with SYSPRO.
- Raw materials purchasing/supplier experience (surface finishing, molding, machined goods) is preferred.
- Experience working with electronic components would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO:9001 and ISO:13485.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team player.
- Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities and be highly flexible in a demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail, highly efficient and effective time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
If you would love to be part of the innovation, excitement, and award-winning culture found at StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at StarFish Medical.
If you experience difficulties with the StarFish Medical Job Portal, please reach out to [email protected] with the subject line “Project Buyer | Job Portal Issue.”
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted after initial acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to meeting you!
About StarFish Medical
StarFish Medical is a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 23 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge. We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful, sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning, delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.