We have an exciting new opportunity in Victoria, BC, for a Project Controller with proven experience providing excellence in project management monitoring and controlling functions to join the growing team at StarFish Medical. You will work alongside Project Managers as a key member of a cross-functional team to successfully define project/program goals and deliver projects on time and on budget. Your focus will be on project monitoring, reporting and supporting execution.
You are detail-oriented and your accurate dashboards and reports will equip the Project Managers with mission-critical project health information. You bring a passion for identifying ways in which you can help other members of the team, taking on as much responsibility as appropriate to provide them with the time to focus on technology leadership, development and change management.
Our ideal candidate understands that collaborative, cross functional teams are the most effective teams, and has strong administrative and communication skills bringing diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded, and out-of- the-box thinking.
To see the key responsibilities of this exciting new role and to find out more about the Project Controller opportunity, please be sure to review the full Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
Our ideal Project Controller candidate:
- Degree or diploma in Project Management, Project Controls, Business Administration, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in project controls.
- Familiarity with earned value management (EVM).
- Experience developing schedules (both effort-driven and fixed duration) and maintaining detailed budgets.
- Previous experience in a consulting environment is desired and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not (e.g. aerospace or automotive), would be advantageous.
- CAPM (Certified Assistant Project Manager) or PMP (Project Management Professional) designations are desirable for this position
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct others (formally or informally) and enjoys sharing knowledge informally and through formal training.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Strong competence in MS Office Suite (especially MS Project, Excel and Word).
- Strong client liaison, both oral and written communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and flexibility in order to work with variability in technology, clients and teams.
- Exceptional judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. StarFish project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of the Project Controller role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
This position is based in Victoria, BC. If you are not already based in Victoria, please address your willingness to relocate in your application.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.