The Project Management team at StarFish Medical is growing, and we have a new opportunity for a Project Manager in Toronto, Ontario or Victoria, BC, to lead and inspire our talented design teams as they develop new products and novel technologies from initial concept through detailed design. If you excel at leading effective brainstorming sessions that spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking, then you may be the Project Manager we are seeking!
At StarFish, our very experienced and capable team of engineers and designers enables the success of ground-breaking medical device companies. The Project Manager leads our cross-functional teams to successfully deliver technical projects on time and on budget. Do you thrive at inspiring teams to meet their common goals? Do you bring experience navigating projects in a regulated environment while liaising with clients throughout the development process to ensure their expectations are met? If you have answered “yes”, we encourage you to keep reading.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture and engaged team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours. Some events cater to the individual and others to their family or Covid-bubble
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Lead and inspire design teams to develop new products and novel technologies from initial concept through detailed design.
- Initiate and lead effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking.
- Initiate and lead appropriate design reviews as required
- Interface with Business Development to support the transfer of new activities into Engineering
- Oversee the work of team members to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures, product requirements, and specifications.
- Support vendor quotations, POs, and lead times to monitor BOM targets and ensure cost-effective manufacturing processes are chosen during design.
- Work closely with clients, team members, and vendors to ensure that schedules are met, and budgets are controlled.
- Ensure that all required design and quality documentation is completed, and all design processes are followed.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), this will include developing and maintaining documentation
- Continue to support products through the manufacturing transfer and ongoing production. This includes creating and managing ECRs, ECO’s, and liaising with clients to resolve product issues.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment is desired, and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not, would be advantageous.
- PMP certification is not required, but we will consider experienced candidates with the qualification.
- Experience working through all aspects of the product development life cycle and stage gate process, with budget, schedule, and scope accountability.
- Knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements is required to navigate projects in our ISO13485 environment.
- Track record of building and maintaining successful client relationships.
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal. We look forward to meeting you! Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on Sunday, February 6, 2022.
It is a condition of employment that the employee have and maintain all recommended and current dosages of any of the approved COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada and disclose the employee’s vaccination status to the company.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the StarFish Medical Portal with a resume and cover letter that indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.