We are searching for an experienced Proposal Developer to coordinate the development, and often doing the writing itself, of compelling proposals for our creative and innovative team in beautiful Victoria, BC. This unique position offers someone with strong planning, multitasking and organizational expertise the opportunity to own the proposal process, ensuring complex engineering service proposals are delivered on time to their world class clients. If you possess the ability to focus on small details while still seeing the big picture, and you would like to be part of a special company where creativity, innovation and most-importantly, quality is embraced and celebrated, then we encourage you to read on!
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, StarFish Medical’s open concept office is an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
The Proposal Developer reports directly to the Director of Program Design in Business Development, and coordinates the development, and often does the writing itself, of compelling proposals. The Proposal Developer ensures these complex engineering service proposals are delivered on time, and communicates with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all dates and content are understood.
This position requires a multi-tasking individual with a keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to understand and clarify aspects of intended scope, timelines and efforts as collaboratively developed with technical staff at StarFish Medical and potential future customers.
Building solid relationships with new and repeat customers while exploring the business, technical, regulatory, safety, performance, project risks and risk mitigations is required. In order to contribute to this goal, the Proposal Developer will ensure internal stakeholders are fulfilling commitments to our world class clients.
- Coordinate the development of compelling proposals, often writing the proposals.
- Own the proposal process timeline, communicating the deliverables and associated deadlines with internal & external stakeholders, ensuring the proposal is moved through the company in a managed fashion to meet the clients’ deadlines.
- Establish good working relationships with Starfish Medical team members in order to build mutual relationships of accountability and trust, and to monitor and drive timely proposal and contract preparation.
- Ensure the teams extract, evaluate, and shape the critical needs within a product plan, and then communicate effectively how immediate technical activities will provide value in the product development for our clients.
- Gain an understanding of the prospect’s business, design, engineering and technological concerns, as well as their in-house and external development infrastructure.
- Assist in project initiation, ensuring a smooth start and clear communications throughout the customer’s experience.
- Maintain and update the CRM with relevant information.
- Coordinate cross-site meetings with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor, Masters or PhD in Engineering, Applied Science or Science (or equivalent work experience). A background in Technical Writing with relevant technical experience may also be considered.
- 4+ Years’ experience in Product Development or Business Development would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Medical Device Design, Production/Manufacturing in a Quality Management System environment, Policy Development, Business Development, Sales Administration, Grants or grant writing, or technical expertise in related fields would all be considered a bonus.
- Previous project or product management experience is an asset.
- Prior knowledge of product development (design & development) and contract manufacturing is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills with a big picture outlook.
- A high level of organization and effective time management with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A relationship builder and active listener with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, results oriented, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to understand the technical requirements of a proposal in enough detail to be able to explain changes to stakeholders.
- Passion for excellence in customer service and relationships.
- Ability to travel.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting through firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a covering letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.